Cyberster Configurator Now Live

Nice, but very "samey" as about 50% of cars on the road now seem to be a similar colour. I'm going to be bold and go with yellow I think. :cool: I'll think I look cool as with the top down, whilst everyone else can see the reality and laugh and point at the old fart in his bright yellow sports car!
Camden Grey?!

PPF on the external gloss black, chameleon windscreen and slight tints would look good when roof is up. Maybe can do something with the wheels a year later lol..

I don't like diamond cut or dark wheels, I'm going to have mine redone old school bright metallic silver when I get it, which will make sense as it'll be about 2 years old and the diamond cut part of the wheels will already have "whiteworm" by then lol!

We cant get all red interior UK side and for me thats a good thing
Red interior really doesn't work with yellow anyway, so a good thing!

Anyone remember the custom hardtops for the E36 and E46 convertibles? I wonder if someone will make one for the Cyberster?

OEM Hardtop Example

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone remember the custom hardtops for the E36 and E46 convertibles? I wonder if someone will make one for the Cyberster?

OEM Hardtop Example
I had one for an MR2. It was a pain in the arse as we didn’t have a garage at the time so it spent the summer months on the floor of a bedroom.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
1714853728056.png

Silver and English language infotainment! Ambient lighting colour change and cameras

Attachments

• cybbbbb.png
    cybbbbb.png
    555.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 1714853915732.png
    1714853915732.png
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • 1714854671323.png
    1714854671323.png
    3 MB · Views: 21
I had one for an MR2. It was a pain in the arse as we didn’t have a garage at the time so it spent the summer months on the floor of a bedroom.

Yeah. The Mk1 and Mk2 MX5 had reasonable demand for hardtops, mostly from people worried about soft tops in winter. When the Mk3 MX5 came out, Mazda did offer a hard top, but you see hardly any around. They they had the folding hardtop. When the Mk4 came out, it was a return to a cloth top. While there were concept hardtops, they never made it to production.

hardtop-mx5-50.jpg

IMG-2569.jpg

mazda-at-sema-2010-8.jpg

1280px-2011_Mazda_MX-5_PRHT_--_04-28-2011_rear.jpg

12313955_1179317185431784_728790144321463263_n-800x600.jpg

And the sister Fiat 124 Spider

abarth-124-2680.jpg

Cant deny about rust and corrosion on MG cars. Maybe someone will highlight that regarding the Cyberster for UK spec vehicles. We use salt on our roads. I dont envisaged this car being driven in winter on salty roads though. Seems like a second car not a daily. Also jet washing underneath and having it undersealed maybe should be on the list of modifications for buyers?

In the Nissan Z community this is a thing with the cars. A lot of cars were sealed by owners.

Most MX5s are second cars and not used in winter. Nevertheless, many are as rotten as a peach.

Rust-proofing an electric car is not straightforward, plus, looking at rust appearing on 2 year old MG4s, not sure it will do all that much.

One thing that affects all cloth top convertibles; water drains through the body, through a range of drain tubes. These tubes will pass through fairly complex sill structures (necessary because there is no roof). Blocked drains give rise to flooding in the sills, or a lot of condensation. There are a ton of rust traps.

The combination of aluminium and steel will be interesting. My other car is a X350 Jag, which has a aluminium body bolted to steel bits. The steel bits rust more quickly due to galvanic corrosion.

LOL, we shall see when they turn up on the used market. Get it on the ramp before parting with the cash. 7 year warranty should cover that. I take it you're not ordering one? :,D

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom