EV opposition in the media is ramping up

A good article covering some of the medias tactics.

That's very good.

Electric cars the truth

I'm fed up of comments from people ridiculing EVs. They don't know what they're talking about.

Personally, I drive two top of the range EVs, a Jaguar and a Porsche.

Their acceleration and handling is fantastic. They look brilliant and they're really cheap to run. They need hardly any maintenance and haven't depreciated since I bought them.

Literally the only criticism I could make of them is sometimes, if really push them into a corner, they can fly off the track and get stuck under the sofa....

Rumbled.

1715195060178.png

We were talking earlier about Lee "The MacMaster" Davey and his laugh-a-minute YouTube channel. I had a look in earlier this evening and there was some interesting information about Taycans and Tesla chargers. Apparently the slightly older Taycans like what Lee has do not play well with Tesla, and Lee didn't spec an extra that would have mitigated this a lot. So the best he can do on a supercharger, with a car that can normally take 250 kW, is 50 kW. Bwahahahaha.

How do I know that, because obviously Lee isn't going to tell anyone why his car is charging at trickle-charge speeds and Teslas are coming and going all around him. Because it's all over the comments. I'm seeing a LOT more sensible comments challenging his nonsense, and far far fewer "EV's suk!" ones. Yes I know it uprates his channel when people comment, but I think it's worth it and it's having an effect.

It's getting pretty boring anyway, but if the acolytes are drifting away and the comments section is getting rational, the end may be nearer than I thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were talking earlier about Lee "The MacMaster" Davey and his laugh-a-minute YouTube channel. I had a look in earlier this evening and there was some interesting information about Taycans and Tesla chargers. Apparently the slightly older Taycans like what Lee has do not play well with Tesla, and Lee didn't spec an extra that would have mitigated this a lot. So the best he can do on a supercharger, with a car that can normally take 250 kw, is 50 kw. Bwahahahaha.

How do I know that, because obviously Lee isn't going to tell anyone why his car is charging at trickle-charge speeds and Teslas are coming and going all around him. Because it's all over the comments. I'm seeing a LOT more sensible comments challenging his nonsense, and far far fewer "EV's suk!" ones. Yes I know it uprates his channel when people comment, but I think it's worth it and it's having an effect.

It's getting pretty boring anyway, but if the acolytes are drifting away and the comments section is getting rational, the end may be nearer than I thought.
The guy is an absolute fool. He spends many hours berating EV's and his Taycan in particular and then is amazed that nobody wants to buy it later when he wants to sell. Clearly he's not blessed in the intelligence quota.

I blocked his channel after it kept coming up after I viewed one of his videos.

I pity him really, there are more than a few people out there trying to get clicks and views by being "controversial" and it isn't a good long term business model. You get found out and discredited.

I'm hoping he wakes up one morning and decides to only present well researched facts and approach uncertainty with an open mind. We'll see!!

He'll go back to chip shop reviews.

I thought he could keep this going for a while, because his acolytes are blind to what's going on around them and suck on the teat of the EV-hate like dependent babies, but it's going to die the death eventually. More and more EVs on the road daily, distinct shortage of stressed-out owners, and Lee is finding it harder and harder to find busy charging sites where he can claim there's a queue.

What is needed is a situation where Lee is not in control of the narrative, where someone who is prepared to play hardball with him and has a good grasp of the tricks he has been playing pins him to the wall about a few matters. It's not going to happen.

I watched some of the Tesla superchargers video while I was waiting at the dealer's for R33 not to be installed in my car, and it was surprisingly low-key. He never found a fully-occupied supercharger site, and he commented that he never found a malfunctioning charger either. His own car would only charge at 50 kW on the Tesla chargers, reason explained ad nauseam in the comments by people who know about Taycans, but he seemed more puzzled than enraged by this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom