New MG3 Hybrid+

I had a second test drive this morning, hoping to collect a Monument Silver Trophy spec MG3 Hybrid+ next week. Below are some images of the Silver MG3.

Attachments

• MG3-HYBRID-ENGINE.jpg
    MG3-HYBRID-ENGINE.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 15
  • MG3-HYBRID-FRONT.jpg
    MG3-HYBRID-FRONT.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 14
  • MG3-HYBRID-LEFT-SIDE-REAR.jpg
    MG3-HYBRID-LEFT-SIDE-REAR.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 13
  • MG3-HYBRID-REAR.jpg
    MG3-HYBRID-REAR.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 15
  • MG3-HYBRID-SIDE-PROFILE-RIGHT.jpg
    MG3-HYBRID-SIDE-PROFILE-RIGHT.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 14
I had a second test drive this morning, hoping to collect a Monument Silver Trophy spec MG3 Hybrid+ next week. Below are some images of the Silver MG3.
Congrats 👏 have only seen a white and blue so far at dealers. Have not seen a silver, hampstead grey or black.

Have another 4-6 weeks to wait for mine

Having driven a couple of hundred miles in my car, I remain surprised at its efficiency.
Whilst from cold, when of course the petrol engine is running the whole time, according to the trip computer it's like any normal non hybrid car with mpg starting in the low twenties, within a short distance there is usually enough energy in the battery to switch to EV mode. This allows for shown mpg to move up into the thirties or forties. On one journey it peaked at over 70mpg!
The current overall shown average is around 55mpg, and when compared to my previous car, a 2018 3 cylinder turbo 1.2 auto DS3, that would average if lucky in the mid thirties.
For a self charge hybrid, the battery size is actually quite good, and it will allow for short periods of EV only driving, but more importantly, and as has been mentioned before this system allows for the petrol engine to run at idle speed to purely charge the battery, which I think goes a long way to produce the impressive economy figures.
Elsewhere I continue to be amazed at the level of specification for the price. With just a couple of examples- Auto high beam headlights, and auto air recirculation amongst the many standard features.
Although, and I think this is common across all the MG range, if you want to listen to music content on your phone, there is no Bluetooth connectivity, with the only access being through Carplay or Android auto. So plugging your phone into the car, and remembering to unplug to take it with you is necessary. However I am getting a Wireless Carplay adapter which will alleviate this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having driven a couple of hundred miles in my car, I remain surprised at its efficiency.
Whilst from cold, when of course the petrol engine is running the whole time, according to the trip computer it's like any normal non hybrid car with mpg starting in the low twenties, within a short distance there is usually enough energy in the battery to switch to EV mode. This allows for shown mpg to move up into the thirties or forties. On one journey it peaked at over 70mpg!
The current overall shown average is around 55mpg, and when compared to my previous car, a 2018 3 cylinder turbo 1.2 auto DS3, that would average if lucky in the mid thirties.
For a self charge hybrid, the battery size is actually quite good, and it will allow for short periods of EV only driving, but more importantly, and as has been mentioned before this system allows for the petrol engine to run at idle speed to purely charge the battery, which I think goes a long way to produce the impressive economy figures.
Elsewhere I continue to be amazed at the level of specification for the price. With just a couple of examples- Auto high beam headlights, and auto air recirculation amongst the many standard features.
Although, and I think this is common across all the MG range, if you want to listen to music content on your phone, there is no Bluetooth connectivity, with the only access being through Carplay or Android auto. So plugging your phone into the car, and remembering to unplug to take it with you is necessary. However I am getting a Wireless Carplay adapter which will alleviate this issue.
Have just got one of these being the offical version , now waiting for the car

2air CarlinKit 5.0 Wireless CarPlay Wireless Android Auto Box 2.4G & 5.8Ghz WiFi BT Auto Connect Plug&Play For Wired AA CP Cars

Have just got one of these being the offical version , now waiting for the car

2air CarlinKit 5.0 Wireless CarPlay Wireless Android Auto Box 2.4G & 5.8Ghz WiFi BT Auto Connect Plug&Play For Wired AA CP Cars
Fantastic deal!! For my other car I have a Carlikit AI box, and whilst you do get the occasional glitch which is common to all these devices, for the last 18 months I've been pleased with how it works.
The 'AI box' side of things actually turns your infotainment screen into a tablet. So you can watch things like YouTube BBC iPlayer Netflix (if you pay for the subscription) etc. With some AI Boxes you can even connect games controllers!
Whilst of course not legal, because these are after market devices they will show moving images whilst the car is travelling, but as I say that's both illegal and dangerous, however as my other car is an EV, you can use it whilst at a charge point.
One other thing, in order for it operate at its best you really need to insert and pay for a separate SIM Card.
For my MG3 I've gone with a caurko wireless adapter.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CPCSK1MS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
Clearly you've got the better deal, at nearly half the price!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom