Tesla Supercharger Issue MG5 LR

Unless there is an evolutionary upgrade to EV tech in the meantime 🤷‍♂️
It’s already on the horizon: if the promised advantages of solid state batteries turn out to be true and EVs equipped with them become widely available, few will invest in a second hand ‘old technology’ car and then only at rock bottom prices…

It’s already on the horizon: if the promised advantages of solid state batteries turn out to be true and EVs equipped with them become widely available, few will invest in a second hand ‘old technology’ car and then only at rock bottom prices…
I think it was Jimmy Watt told me that too once.

Out of interest, how many pre-facelift MG5's were sold? Anyone know?

As I see it, due to MG's total lack of interest in doing the decent thing with this, how many future sales are they risking with the 'tough luck, we don't care' attitude?

I've praised MG to the high heavens all over the internet and find myself in the position that I wouldn't recommend them over this issue...

Shame we have so little leverage over a minor update...

You probably need to re-read a few more recent posts things seem to have changed from MGs perspective. You might also want to watch the podcast where Miles and Les talk it through (from about 58 minutes in)

I don't really have a dog in this fight anymore as my FL was done by my dealer and I'm very happy with the result but....
I fail to see how MG can say that fixing a bug in the charging procedure could be a warrantee issue for one car but not for another. It is either a problem that needs fixing or an "improvement" it can't be both depending on how much it might cost to do.

Out of interest, how many pre-facelift MG5's were sold? Anyone know?

As I see it, due to MG's total lack of interest in doing the decent thing with this, how many future sales are they risking with the 'tough luck, we don't care' attitude?

I've praised MG to the high heavens all over the internet and find myself in the position that I wouldn't recommend them over this issue...

Shame we have so little leverage over a minor update...

from How Many Left?

These are MG5s pre FL registered in UK by model and year. Figures available for the FL too but not included here as they get the update anyway. Unfortunately no breakdown by battery SR/LR.

MG5 Excite
2020 - 70
2021 - 1334
2022 - 1665
2023 - 52

Total - 3121

Exclusive
2020 - 204
2021 - 3739
2022 - 4787
2023 - 61

Total - 8791

Total of all MG5s - 11,842

HOWEVER when looking at the combined total for the MG5 family on the site there is a discrepancy as this shows for 2023 that there were a total of 1696 new registrations therefore giving a total for all of 13,976

Is it possible to argue the inablity to charge on Tesla chargers is a product defect given both supposedly support the CCS standard.
Worth a try , I suppose . Don't think it'll get anywhere though . Probably better to publicise the limitation of MG charging options . Loss of potential sales would concern them MG more methinks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom