“Unofficial” ZS EV Accessories

Happy Zappy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
On another forum I came across the Alibaba / AliExpress web site in China and decided to order a couple of accessories. The prices are very competitive, but can take 2 or 3 weeks to arrive.

The replacement LED bulbs for the interior lights are still to turn up, but I’m well pleased with the sill protectors, see picture.

Attachments

• 76D42080-C7E3-4AD2-A6FD-0718A75EA94D.jpeg
    76D42080-C7E3-4AD2-A6FD-0718A75EA94D.jpeg
    481.5 KB · Views: 234
  • 0DA91033-B0E8-4108-8C87-A98DA35677AE.jpeg
    0DA91033-B0E8-4108-8C87-A98DA35677AE.jpeg
    549 KB · Views: 226
On another forum I came across the Alibaba / AliExpress web site in China and decided to order a couple of accessories. The prices are very competitive, but can take 2 or 3 weeks to arrive.

The replacement LED bulbs for the interior lights are still to turn up, but I’m well pleased with the sill protectors, see picture.
Hi Happy Zappy,

Look at my showcase "share some accessories etc", I have bought quite a bit from ali express and just waiting for two more things to come and I will update my showcase. Currently waiting for a red trim for the start button and some struts for the bonnet just like the struts on the MG HS.

Regards

Frank

PS I (along with Chrispy Doc) have fitted LED bulbs to the headlights (much brighter than the halogon).

Hi Frank,

Wow, there’s quite a bit of “bling” there ???. I’ll have to have a look around some of the other options.

The LED interior lights arrived yesterday and they certainly seem to give an improved level of light in the passenger compartment & boot. I’d be interested in improved headlights, but unsure of which to go for. Reading the various reviews there seems to be quite a variation as to light quality, reliability, etc, not to mention working out which are legal in the UK.....

Do LED headlights create enough heat to prevent snow building up on the headlight glass surface?
Good question, well presented. I am not too sure however the LED Bulbs have a built in heatsink and fan so I presume they are needed for a good reason however the main heat build up is probably within the bulb unit so I am not sure if they will prevent snow building up!! (I just can't wait for winter to see).

Regards

Frank

PS I don't think it will be a problem as many cars nowadays come with led headlights.

The heatsink and fan are probably used to stop soldered connections from melting, I believe that spot welded components are used on some types??

Hi Frank,

Wow, there’s quite a bit of “bling” there ???. I’ll have to have a look around some of the other options.

The LED interior lights arrived yesterday and they certainly seem to give an improved level of light in the passenger compartment & boot. I’d be interested in improved headlights, but unsure of which to go for. Reading the various reviews there seems to be quite a variation as to light quality, reliability, etc, not to mention working out which are legal in the UK.....
Hi,
Do you have a link for the interior leds please

Thanks
Ken

Has anyone tried these key covers?Just curious whether they're any good or not - Currently available on amazon.

Attachments

• Key Cover1.PNG
    Key Cover1.PNG
    500.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Key Cover2.PNG
    Key Cover2.PNG
    326.4 KB · Views: 159
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back