• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

🐙OCTOPUS GO SMART METER READING🐙

Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all
It is just a question about Octopus go tariff
It seems I am being charge 7.5p / KWH on my bill 😃👍🏻
BUT
On my smart meter display it comes up with a random figure
For example today my sons car was charged between 00:30 and 04:30 ( the kilo watts used are all the same from the octopus go app, electric meter and the zappi charger app) when I worked out price per kWh from the price figure on the smart meter display it came to 16.3p/kWh ( I did take off the standing charge first)
When I contacted octopus they said it’s because the in house display doesn’t get along with octopus go tariff 🤔
The question is does anyone else have problems with octopus go and smart meter display readings????
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

IHD support from Octopus is patchy, and most of the time it will show a single rate all day. But if you use the App you can see that you are being correctly charged.

Or something like Bright from Hildebrand.
Our meter is SMETS2 fitted by a contractor on behalf of Octopus and the IHD still doesn't show the correct rates (although to be fair we're on Go Faster which is still a Beta product).

Yep the IHDs are random. The only reliable thing is current consumption. The bills are right though in my experience!

I'd echo the above.
Don't rely on the IHD for costing information, just look at the bill which will be very detailed.
I went on a new tariff on 10th May but my IHD is still programmed with the old numbers.

I'd echo the above.
Don't rely on the IHD for costing information, just look at the bill which will be very detailed.
I went on a new tariff on 10th May but my IHD is still programmed with the old numbers.
Hi
The IHD shows the tariff setting and they are what I am on for octopus go
It’s not a major problem but I just wanted to know if other people had this problem or was the octopus rep spinning me a yarn because no other octopus reps had told me this before 🤔
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You need to download the Octopus app. That will give you yesterdays consumption and billing info, account balance etc.

And there is an app Octopus Compare which gives even more detail about consumption and current costs, including current Agile tariffs if you so wish.

Or something like Bright from Hildebrand.
Our meter is SMETS2 fitted by a contractor on behalf of Octopus and the IHD still doesn't show the correct rates (although to be fair we're on Go Faster which is still a Beta product).
I find that the Bright app will sho more details than my eOn Next app. Thanks for letting me know about it!

However, many times, Bright won't show anything from the last 3 or more hours. Sometimes it will update itself after I force a refresh but many times it just won't. Not sure why it does that.

The other thing is that the electricity standing charge is wrong. The tech people at Bright are working on it so that the user could eventually edit that cost in some later update.

Anyway, the app works better than what my current supplier allow me to see on their supplied home display.
It's great that I can go back month and see the kWh graphs up to the half hour segments.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom