13 miles driven and I’m wondering how I’m going to love it….

bimbamboodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So my car arrived out of the blue on Friday night and today I got to drive it. 2 issues so far, went to use the built in sat Nav and it didn’t know where my address is and when trying to park between two trees in the rain at night it was impossible to see a thing. How am I ever going to persuade myself to love this thing for the next 4 years?!

So my car arrived out of the blue on Friday night and today I got to drive it. 2 issues so far, went to use the built in sat Nav and it didn’t know where my address is and when trying to park between two trees in the rain at night it was impossible to see a thing. How am I ever going to persuade myself to love this thing for the next 4 years?!
You can dim it or put it in night mode?

Last edited:
Confused by the parking thing, or was that tongue-in-cheek? I had to squeeze into a spot below a tree that leans well into the road when it was bucketing down the other night - can't say the visibility was worse than my prior car. I didn't/don't find the reversing camera useful though...gives a false sense of distance. The rear sensors and wing mirrors were enough.

Or are you having an issue with foggy windows?

If these are your only issues, then it's going well so far :)

No, not tongue in cheek, just incredibly dark and camera was all blurry from rain, useless! Sounds like I’m going to find a lot more of issues once I’ve driven it a bit more…..wish me luck!

Make sure LKA is turned off and that sat nav is not in Dead Reckoning mode. Now drive the car in N and Kers 3 - the world is now your oyster - enjoy.
Thanks, I’ll take a look at the video. It amazes me that a car can be delivered without a proper hand over ref controls etc and not be supplied with a manual! Progression, I suppose. LKA and Dead Reckoning and Kers is all gobbledygook to me, I feel like I’ve landed in a different planet!

I’m open to loving it but I will admit I didn’t ask for it, didn’t want it, but as the delivery of it was so shambolic it turned up after 13 months of waiting an hour after my husband just had delivery of a car to tied him over until this was meant to be ready in another years time! Couldn’t even begin to make it up!

@bimbamboodle
It doesn’t have a hard copy manual, but it does have one on the infotainment screen, and the app of course. Many people (myself included), have downloaded it onto a laptop or iPad for somewhat easier viewing, or they have purchased a paper version via a ‘print my pdf’ company.

Thanks, I’ll take a look at the video. It amazes me that a car can be delivered without a proper hand over ref controls etc and not be supplied with a manual! Progression, I suppose. LKA and Dead Reckoning and Kers is all gobbledygook to me, I feel like I’ve landed in a different planet!
Sorry I took it for granted that you had done a bit of research on this forum. LKA is Lane Keep Assist and Dead Reckoning is a as the crow flies route - no idea what use this is. The dealer should go through things with you. I would keep all the gimmicks turned off until you have got the basics sorted.
The EV driving experience is addictive and for me there is no turning back.

On a par with the Kona I traded in, but with more room in the back and the boot, and of course the sky roof.

You only have to look at other makers forums to see that all cars have problems. Most of the cars are trouble free, it's just that forums tend to highlight only those that have issues.
:)

Sorry I took it for granted that you had done a bit of research on this forum. LKA is Lane Keep Assist and Dead Reckoning is a as the crow flies route - no idea what use this is. The dealer should go through things with you. I would keep all the gimmicks turned off until you have got the basics sorted.
The EV driving experience is addictive and for me there is no turning back.
I think dead reckoning, is where the sat nav (is meant to) keep moving, even when satellite signal is lost, based on the speed of the car e.g. when driving through a tunnel. There's a problem with it on the MG, that's why we turn it off, we shouldn't have to, but it's no loss

I think it was intended to be useful when passing through a tunnel etc.
Freezing the location, until the car emerges out from the tunnel.
But it never worked correctly and required a software update to correct the problem, but this never happened as was intend.
Therefore, the car leaves the factory in the default setting of “Dead Reckoning” turned ON.
Hence why with this turned ON it only displays your current location.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom