A couple of general questions

ArfurM

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi folks, I'm picking up "Sparky Norman" (it's replacing "Spiny Norman", our 5yr old Citroen Cactus :)) tomorrow, and had a couple of unrelated Q's. Firstly, if you floor the accelerator in "Eco mode", do you temporarily get full power for overtakes like an auto-box, or, if you want a quick overtake, should you flick into "Sport"? Secondly, does anyone know the drag coefficient of the MG5? I've had a rummage on t'interweb, but no one seems to list that for either the MG or its Roewe twin. Just curious...

Arf

You would be correct, if you floor the pedal it goes to 100% boost.
Sorry but don't know the answer to part two😂

Cheers, thort it would, I guess it's common sense that if you "mash it" you'd expect "more"....

Cheers, thort it would, I guess it's common sense that if you "mash it" you'd expect "more"....
The accelerator pedal position to power map would look something like this, so full pedal is full power, whatever mode you're in.
Pedal map.png

No matter which mode you are in......make sure you are pointing straight ahead and have a very firm grip of the steering wheel.....if you are going too 'floor it".

It is without doubt the quickest accelerating car i've ever owned!:oops:

No matter which mode you are in......make sure you are pointing straight ahead and have a very firm grip of the steering wheel.....if you are going too 'floor it".

It is without doubt the quickest accelerating car i've ever owned!:oops:
Ho yuss, I've realised it "picks up" quite nicely... Weird isn't it? When I was a kid, my fave car was the old Aston Martin DBS that Roger Moore drove in "The Persuaders". I think it had a claimed 0-60 of about 6.8secs, and was a seriously quick motor. Now I see reviews of EVs like ours that do in the 7-8sec range and the reviewer says "Meh.." Crazy. I happen to think these 0-60's of sub-5 secs are bordering on the dangerous for people without the reactions or skill-set to employ them. As a mate of mine's Suzuki GSX-1100 numberplate used say "0-Hospital in 2.6s" :ROFLMAO:

A friend of mine had a passenger ride in a Tesla the other day (can't remember the model), but I think they accelerate twice as quickly. Hard to imagine how hard to drive that would be on full power!! Practically drag-racer performance :)

Ho yuss, I've realised it "picks up" quite nicely... Weird isn't it? When I was a kid, my fave car was the old Aston Martin DBS that Roger Moore drove in "The Persuaders". I think it had a claimed 0-60 of about 6.8secs, and was a seriously quick motor. Now I see reviews of EVs like ours that do in the 7-8sec range and the reviewer says "Meh.." Crazy. I happen to think these 0-60's of sub-5 secs are bordering on the dangerous for people without the reactions or skill-set to employ them. As a mate of mine's Suzuki GSX-1100 numberplate used say "0-Hospital in 2.6s" :ROFLMAO:
Loved The Persuaders BTW, when I was a kid.
Tony Curtis was the coolest dude in town back then (I think I particularly associated myself with him cos I'm only 5' 7"" and he wasn't exactly a giant!)

Old Tony (who I also loved as an actor and artist) did alright out of ATV.. They bought him a house to live in, as an inducement to doing the series... I believe he sold it on a few years later... Ker-ching!

Old Tony (who I also loved as an actor and artist) did alright out of ATV.. They bought him a house to live in, as an inducement to doing the series... I believe he sold it on a few years later... Ker-ching!
Maybe I should have gone into acting - there's obviously a need for diminutive actors - take Tom Cruise for example :)

I see no-one’s answered your question on the Cd of MG cars. I have also searched for this on the net to no avail. Weird isn’t it, because with electric cars the range is critical, and the Cd is the most important factor at higher speeds.

Anyone up for self cd testing?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom