• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

A week to go....

Collected mine today... Mmm... S-m-o-ooth... V.happy so far, but only driven back from the dealer in Shrewsbury (~35miles), so haven't even poked all the buttons... Ahh, that "new car" smell, altho' TBH for some strange reason, all my new cars have smelled of farts. It's really odd... :unsure:

Collected mine today... Mmm... S-m-o-ooth... V.happy so far, but only driven back from the dealer in Shrewsbury (~35miles), so haven't even poked all the buttons... Ahh, that "new car" smell, altho' TBH for some strange reason, all my new cars have smelled of farts. It's really odd... :unsure:
There is a commonality to those smells - Have you considered that the smell might be from you?

There is a commonality to those smells - Have you considered that the smell might be from you?
Well, it's funny you should say that... I have a similar thing with different client offices. I always thought it was cheap furniture, but now I'm wondering... Back in a tick, gotta open a window....

Ha, used to be able to blame the catalytic converter.......

I can't say I'm really fond of that new car smell....when I collected my new seat Ibiza 3 years ago, it smelled like new car smell ,.....but waaaaaay over the top.....it gave me a headache every time I drove it for like 2 months......

I can't say I'm really fond of that new car smell....when I collected my new seat Ibiza 3 years ago, it smelled like new car smell ,.....but waaaaaay over the top.....it gave me a headache every time I drove it for like 2 months......
It usually caused by the off-gassing from the plastics in the cabin....and not the ArfurM type!

Ha, used to be able to blame the catalytic converter.......
I got my Westminster Silver back in March. New car smell was only OK. Definitely different from other new cars I’ve had, that said all have been leather. This synthetic leather and plastic smells different can be a little unpleasant when the car gets hot in the sun!!!

I got my Westminster Silver back in March. New car smell was only OK. Definitely different from other new cars I’ve had, that said all have been leather. This synthetic leather and plastic smells different can be a little unpleasant when the car gets hot in the sun!!!
M-m-mm.. Plasticisers.... Akchewally, the smell in the MG reminded me of "hire car smell" in the US; I always seemed to get Korean brands when renting over there (or "re-badged" ones). Deffo a different smell from new Citroens, which are more "rubber-y". Still, as this is a product of "Mollis Galages", I think it is "rubbery" ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom