ABRP quirks?

MickH

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everyone. I have recently just completed my first long-ish journey in my MG5 using ABRP premium, and while the car performed wonderfully despite road blocks and flooding I experienced a few quirks/bugs with ABRP. The main issue was that periodically the map would jump to Stockholm (I was driving from Dorset to Cambridgeshire) and reset the distances to metric then return to my route but the settings remained metric. I checked my iPhone and the settings had not changed in the app itself, only on the cars display via CarPlay. The other small but slightly annoying thing is that following the navigation voice instructions, the radio volume remains suppressed.

As I said, the car performed brilliantly with me driving the 183 miles on a single charge and leaving 15% battery charge at the end of my trip, but if anyone has any suggestions as to the ABRP bugs I’d appreciate it.

Does ABRP have the settings for the 5LR ? I have one on order and tried inputting some journeys and the only 'car' option is MG5 MG5 (Alpha) and it was setting stops that looked like was using SR range.
I only have the free version, not the paid for.

Had a look in the latest ABRP App, and in the "Select car Model" there is a blue link for "Missing Your Car". If you follow that link, it looks like there is an option to add the MG5LR?

Had a look in the latest ABRP App, and in the "Select car Model" there is a blue link for "Missing Your Car". If you follow that link, it looks like there is an option to add the MG5LR?
You can request its added but I don't think that they are very quick in doing so.

Just to update. The LR is on there now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211121-143220_ABRP.png
    Screenshot_20211121-143220_ABRP.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
I suffered similar issues around the m27/m3 area. The maps would crash.
I reported the issue within the app and received feedback and a fix within 48 hours....
So well worth reporting direct to a ABRP.
I also find connecting ABRP to Torque Pro (android app) using a ODBII connector makes the journey even more accurate.

I suffered similar issues around the m27/m3 area. The maps would crash.
I reported the issue within the app and received feedback and a fix within 48 hours....
So well worth reporting direct to a ABRP.
I also find connecting ABRP to Torque Pro (android app) using a ODBII connector makes the journey even more accurate.
The recent updates seems to have resolved my issues, butI’m interested to see you use Torque Pro your MG5, I wanted to do the same thing but didn’t think it worked on the MG5? I better take another look as for me, that’s all that was missing from ABRP. Are you able to advise on the OBD2 adaptor you used?

The recent updates seems to have resolved my issues, butI’m interested to see you use Torque Pro your MG5, I wanted to do the same thing but didn’t think it worked on the MG5? I better take another look as for me, that’s all that was missing from ABRP. Are you able to advise on the OBD2 adaptor you used?
It does work.
You look at ABRP website they talk about this.
I used the search term ABRP Torque Pro in google.
Then use the ABRP for the info about the pid's to download for Torque pro to provide information to the ABRP.
I am using Amazon product ASIN B00W30RMEC as the ODB2 reader...

It is a little of head scratcher this setup but once completed it is working well.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom