Achieved 6.2mpk today!

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short journey all town work 16c in traffic. EV’s love low speed - and warm weather!

Attachments

• D3C58396-1F3B-4069-8E41-C364DC6D37F8.jpeg
    D3C58396-1F3B-4069-8E41-C364DC6D37F8.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 145
Just completed another 100 mile around trip today, in Normal mode and Regen 3.
I favour this drive mode almost 100% of the time to be honest.
The car is regularly reporting between 4 and 4.5 m/kWh in this warmer weather.
Sky roof tilted for most of the trip, then some HVAC required also on the way home as it is 17 degrees locally !.
Covering more actual miles than has been consumed from the range / pack.
This was typical when using the car last year in the warmer conditions.
This was prior to the car receiving the Jan15th 2021 BMS update of course.
The car does not appear to be greatly affected by the upgrade as best I can judge so far.
EV’s are a little like people, they operate better when the sun comes out ! 🤣.

It was only over 20miles and took me an hour with traffic. 50miles at 4.8 is brilliant too.

Just completed another 100 mile around trip today, in Normal mode and Regen 3.
I favour this drive mode almost 100% of the time to be honest.
The car is regularly reporting between 4 and 4.5 m/kWh in this warmer weather.
Sky roof tilted for most of the trip, then some HVAC required also on the way home as it is 17 degrees locally !.
Covering more actual miles than has been consumed from the range / pack.
This was typical when using the car last year in the warmer conditions.
This was prior to the car receiving the Jan15th 2021 BMS update of course.
The car does not appear to be greatly affected by the upgrade as best I can judge so far.
EV’s are a little like people, they operate better when the sun comes out ! 🤣.
So which modes are better for long motorways and A roads also what speed? I have an Ioniq hybrid at the moment and have found if I set the adapted cruise control at 73 i get the best mpg

So which modes are better for long motorways and A roads also what speed? I have an Ioniq hybrid at the moment and have found if I set the adapted cruise control at 73 i get the best mpg
I personally find you can achieve similar results in any mode, because it’s your driving style that has a bigger factor on your economy returns.
The returns are governed by your right foot in a lot cases.
Of course the use of HVAC / Weather conditions etc will have a detrimental effect on your returns as well.
I drive my car in the same mode on a daily basis and this way I am able to study the effect my right foot makes on the efficiency.
High speed ( 73 mph ) and hard acceleration will eat through your range very quickly.
In this respect and EV is no different than driving an ICE car really.
When pulling away and building up speed, try and keep the power meter under the 2.0 mark on the gauge.
If when pulling away, your power meter is constantly hitting 4 and above, you are eating the range quickly.
If you like to participate in the traffic light G.P. although this can be fun, it will heavily affect your returns.
EV’s have a lot of mass to shift from the standing start, try to feather the power in more gently !.
Putting into “Eco” is affectively doing the same thing, by reducing the power available to your right foot.
It increases the predictive range on the GOM by “Suggesting” if that continuing to drive in this mode, it will increase your range.
Selecting “Sports” mode predicts a similar figure, but greatly reduces your range.
I am pretty sure after 18 months of ownership and using the same “Normal” mode, I am now able to drive the car in a way that returns the best efficiency without having to switch between the modes all of the time.
If you are in “Normal” mode but wanted “Sport” mode to get out of a sticky situation, by sinking the “Go” pedal to the floor, it WILL give you all the available power instantly, without “Faffing” about with the mode switch.
I have become very use to driving the car in the default “Normal” mode now.
The power is more than enough for 99% of the driving demands and I love the pretty much “One Pedal” driving in Regen Level 3 as well .

I personally find you can achieve similar results in any mode, because it’s your driving style that has a bigger factor on your economy returns.
The returns are governed by your right foot in a lot cases.
Of course the use of HVAC / Weather conditions etc will have a detrimental effect on your returns as well.
I drive my car in the same mode on a daily basis and this way I am able to study the effect my right foot makes on the efficiency.
High speed ( 73 mph ) and hard acceleration will eat through your range very quickly.
In this respect and EV is no different than driving an ICE car really.
When pulling away and building up speed, try and keep the power meter under the 2.0 mark on the gauge.
If when pulling away, your power meter is constantly hitting 4 and above, you are eating the range quickly.
If you like to participate in the traffic light G.P. although this can be fun, it will heavily affect your returns.
EV’s have a lot of mass to shift from the standing start, try to feather the power in more gently !.
Putting into “Eco” is affectively doing the same thing, by reducing the power available to your right foot.
It increases the predictive range on the GOM by “Suggesting” if that continuing to drive in this mode, it will increase your range.
Selecting “Sports” mode predicts a similar figure, but greatly reduces your range.
I am pretty sure after 18 months of ownership and using the same “Normal” mode, I am now able to drive the car in a way that returns the best efficiency without having to switch between the modes all of the time.
If you are in “Normal” mode but wanted “Sport” mode to get out of a sticky situation, by sinking the “Go” pedal to the floor, it WILL give you all the available power instantly, without “Faffing” about with the mode switch.
I have become very use to driving the car in the default “Normal” mode now.
The power is more than enough for 99% of the driving demands and I love the pretty much “One Pedal” driving in Regen Level 3 as well .
Nice one thank you, I guess it’s just practice and learn

Since iv had the car over 3 months im only ever getting 3.4 or there abouts. It was 3 and 3.1 in colder months. Mainly short 5 mile journeys no motorways or A roads on Economy with regen. Even when I try hard on certain journeys and accelerate slow, trying to keep under the no.2 rev.

Since iv had the car over 3 months im only ever getting 3.4 or there abouts. It was 3 and 3.1 in colder months. Mainly short 5 mile journeys no motorways or A roads on Economy with regen. Even when I try hard on certain journeys and accelerate slow, trying to keep under the no.2 rev.
HVAC is a BIG consumer of your range !.
We made a 100 mile around trip yesterday.
The out going journey we had no HVAC running and after we had covered 50 miles ( mostly motorway driving ) we had used 50 miles of range.
On the return journey ( same route ) we had the HVAC ( A/C ) running because the cabin was hot.
It consumed about another 15 miles of range just because of the HVAC !.

The out going journey we had no HVAC running and after we had covered 50 miles ( mostly motorway driving ) we had used 50 miles of range.
On the return journey ( same route ) we had the HVAC ( A/C ) running because the cabin was hot.
Thanks for the reply. HVAC was not used at all.

Newbie, what’s HVAC? thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom