Affinity Scheme

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Had a chat with my local MG dealer today about the MG Affinity Scheme.
This is still running at the moment and he confirmed that I would be eligible as a retired civil servant (wasn't sure about that so the clarification was welcome).
The scheme discount brought the price of an Excite down to £20,667 and I have to say that looks quite tempting but I haven't (yet) approached other dealers.
I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members who have used affinity though as I have seen much contradictory information published.
In particular:
  • Did you get any colour at no extra cost?
  • Did you get a Type 2 Charger cable?
  • Did you find scope for further downward negotiation on price (£££ or inclusion of extras)
I've got my first test drive booked next week (y)

I'm on the Affinity scheme and got my Exclusive for £22k.

I got an extra £750 off due to the offer that the garage were doing on trade in and got the triple red paint for free.

I got the slow charger but no extra type 2 cable (curses!)

Hi Joe

I’m picking my new car up on Saturday that I brought through the affinity scheme as Mrs Severnless is a Nurse.
Plus she already brought her ZS last year with the affinity scheme, so lots of discounts to be had.
To answer your questions

Yep got to pick my colour. Went for the tri coat Red
No type 2 included, didn’t get one with the ZS either!
I didn’t push for any extras, but I have gone for the alloys and protection pack which I will have to pay for on collection. Boo

Total price (without extras) £22495 for an exclusive.

I was looking for a new car for a few months, did look at an Ioniq even got to the point of sitting down with a dealer, but I could justify the price and they wouldn’t come down at all.
2 weeks later and a 20 minute test drive, I couldn’t walk away without leaving the deposit on a new car.

Last edited:
Might be worth just ringing around regardless. If they have targets to meet, you may well find that you can pick one up for less than the price on the affinity scheme anyway.

I bought my new MG5 Exclusive 2 weeks ago for £22495 including Red paint, type 2 charging cable, mats and dog guard included. Very happy so far.

i got mine on the scheme and it was £22464 and this did inc the blue colour pant and the type 2 charging lead.
i did also get the protection pack and the stainless door sill covers.

the only thing to watch is if you are getting it on pcp finance, that it is 4.5% instead of 0% so it can cost more per month with a small deposit. its always best to check between the 2

i got mine on the scheme and it was £22464 and this did inc the blue colour pant and the type 2 charging lead.

the only thing to watch is if you are getting it on pcp finance, that it is 4.5% instead of 0% so it can cost more per month with a small deposit. its always best to check between the 2
Nice deal!
Typical when paid for a car you always seem to find it cheaper within a few days!!!

Linky

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Confirms that not everything is likely to be automatically applied so I need to be proactive.
I know the subject is touched on in various other places but I couldn't help noticing you all seem to favour the exclusive.
With the benefit of hindsight was that a good call?

Exclusive for 21.5k. Would have been 20k something but bought the type 2 as it only came with granny, and paid £500 for red and £60 or whatever it was for mudguards. Still a lower deal than most it seems.

Paid £19600 for the Excite. Tried to sell me gap insurance for £500 (got it cheaper elsewhere) and the paint, bodywork and interior protection for another £500 (talked them down to half price). Bought a type 2 cable online for less than MG charge. Have only used it 3 times as I usually charge at home or at rapid chargers. As I sourced the car through Carwow I also got 5 months BP Pulse membership plus 500 miles of charge free.

Paid £19600 for the Excite. Tried to sell me gap insurance for £500 (got it cheaper elsewhere) and the paint, bodywork and interior protection for another £500 (talked them down to half price). Bought a type 2 cable online for less than MG charge. Have only used it 3 times as I usually charge at home or at rapid chargers. As I sourced the car through Carwow I also got 5 months BP Pulse membership plus 500 miles of charge free.
I got mine through carwow but no 500 miles of charge :-(

When I first looked Carwow were offering either a £50 Amazon voucher or having a tree planted. When I went to claim they were also offering £50 off a BP charger plus 5 months membership and 500 miles free charging. Didn't take them up on the charger as I'd already made my own arrangements.

Had a chat with my local MG dealer today about the MG Affinity Scheme.
This is still running at the moment and he confirmed that I would be eligible as a retired civil servant (wasn't sure about that so the clarification was welcome).
The scheme discount brought the price of an Excite down to £20,667 and I have to say that looks quite tempting but I haven't (yet) approached other dealers.
I'd be grateful for some feedback from other members who have used affinity though as I have seen much contradictory information published.
In particular:
  • Did you get any colour at no extra cost?
  • Did you get a Type 2 Charger cable?
  • Did you find scope for further downward negotiation on price (£££ or inclusion of extras)
I've got my first test drive booked next week (y)
Yes to all questions - you should be able to get the Excite for approximately £20,400 as this takes into account the recently decreased government grant.

Actually with affinity, the monthly payment is less and the toal final payment is less if you use the pcp finance over the 0% offer on the fill pricebof the car.

Picking my affinty deal MG5 exclusive up tomorrow, metallic paint at no extra cost and a free type two lead, got half price diamond brite too. Did have to pay for some extras of my choosing, front parking sensors and rear quarter glass tints and protection pack.

An update seeing as I ordered the car yesterday.
Decided on the Exclusive in Red and had a Type 2 Cable plus mats included for £22,464.
I'm not displeased with that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom