Aftermarket Wheels

Farmer Dan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all!

I was bored over lockdown and did some photoshopping. I felt the 5’s skinny 16” wheels spoil the look a bit (along with the colossal right height), so stuck some alternative wheels on the configurator image.

They are not very accurate, I tried to approximate 18” wheels, but used the original tyre image resulting them in being much more inset than they would be in reality. Most of the wheels would be an 8 or 8.5j with lower offsets and would sit further out. These were just for fun!

Attachments

• 1form blue 1.jpg
    1form blue 1.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 3sdm red 2.jpg
    3sdm red 2.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 413
  • audi black 2.jpg
    audi black 2.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 445
  • config red bola b10 1.jpg
    config red bola b10 1.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 464
  • dare f7 black 1.jpg
    dare f7 black 1.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 487
  • enkei silver 1.jpg
    enkei silver 1.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 472
  • lm g blue 2.jpg
    lm g blue 2.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 390
  • MO6 red 1.jpg
    MO6 red 1.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 377
  • monza black 1.jpg
    monza black 1.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 381
  • rs red 1.jpg
    rs red 1.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 382
I also dropped it down (very low). Apologies if I don’t get back to messages promptly, I just wanted to stick these up in case anyone was interested.

Attachments

• low 1.jpg
    low 1.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 411
  • low 2.jpg
    low 2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 609
  • low.jpg
    low.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 412
rs red is my favourite. Amazing what a difference wheels make. I’d like to see the same for the ZS and how that looks.

I have always found my 5 to be a little "scrubby" near the limit, particularly on roundabouts. I have been looking for suitable 17" wheels so I can use my large stock of 225 45 17s accumulated for track days with my Honda Prelude.
Does anyone know the PCD, centre bore and offset?
I think it's 5x100, and SEAT Leon wheels might be pretty near? It would also allow me to have a full set of 5 wheels to rotate one in case of a puncture.
I have my own tyre machine so I'm happy to experiment, but any advice / suggestions welcomed!

I have always found my 5 to be a little "scrubby" near the limit, particularly on roundabouts. I have been looking for suitable 17" wheels so I can use my large stock of 225 45 17s accumulated for track days with my Honda Prelude.
Does anyone know the PCD, centre bore and offset?
I think it's 5x100, and SEAT Leon wheels might be pretty near? It would also allow me to have a full set of 5 wheels to rotate one in case of a puncture.
I have my own tyre machine so I'm happy to experiment, but any advice / suggestions welcomed!
5x112 according to the 'spare wheel' thread. The Mk5 Golf fit.

Loving the first Piccadilly Blue with Gold wheels, always a favourite colour combo and so much better looking than the bog standard small alloys

Ooh.. I like that green MG5. Did they ever offer it in that colour over here? Moot point I guess, I've bought a white one, now...

Ooh.. I like that green MG5. Did they ever offer it in that colour over here? Moot point I guess, I've bought a white one, now...
Think of the white as a base coat. I'm sure B&Q will have have some green paint and a roller. Won't be more than an afternoon's work to sort that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom