MG ZS EV aftermarket wheels

DanishDude

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone changed their wheels? I think the car would look much more up market if it got 19 or 20 inch rims but has anyone dared?

Anyone changed their wheels? I think the car would look much more up market if it got 19 or 20 inch rims but has anyone dared?

Yes, I have.

Aquamarinedream.jpg

Mine are 18" x 8" Audi wheels. I'm currently running the 245/40 tyres that came with them, they're more of a racing car sort of tyre, so handling and cornering is like being on rails with them, but I'm not sure they "feel" right for the type of car! so may change them to a 225/45 shortly as that's a more suitable size for an SUV cruiser and will give a softer ride. All VAG group wheels with suitable offset will fit. (close to 40) Audi need spigots, but the rest go straight on. If you go to a 19" wheel, you'd have to run a 35 profile tyre to stay within spec on the wheel diameter and the ride is going to be pretty harsh at that! I don't think you could run to 20" though, as you'd have to run something like a 235/30 tyre to keep the diameter close enough and at that the ride is going to be dire...

There are plenty of comparison sites on the interweb that can calculate any amount of options. I have done it on several occasions, the last one on my former BMW X1......But I was going in the opposite direction.
I prefer smaller wheels with more rubber on them! It's all a matter of personal preference.

BMW and MG.jpg

I will be sticking with my "Windmill" wheels, but am forced to admit they do look a "tad small" in the wheel arches.

There are plenty of comparison sites on the interweb that can calculate any amount of options. I have done it on several occasions, the last one on my former BMW X1......But I was going in the opposite direction.
I prefer smaller wheels with more rubber on them! It's all a matter of personal preference.

View attachment 323

I will be sticking with my "Windmill" wheels, but am forced to admit they do look a "tad small" in the wheel arches.
Agreed, they do look a little small, and I’ve had others pass a similar comment, but is it that important, not to me...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom