• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Alloy Wheel insurance

Robert Gardner

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just took the Alloy wheel insurance not tyre and wheel the 4 year cover cost £289 with a £10 excess per wheel, i had 4 wheels done on my Mitzubushi Outlander cost me £40 but they had to take of the tyres put the wheels on a machine to cut a new surface refit tyres and balance it was a great service and the car looked good so my MG is covered. Total Loss Gap Insurance I used

Is it damage insurance you have on the wheels ?

It covers kerb damage etc they also contribute £150 to a new wheel if beyond repair, eg on the mitsubushi outlander I kerb damage to 4 wheels over two years and each wheel would have cost £140 to refurbish each wheel so the insurance saved me £529 (£140 x 4 less £40 excess).

At first I thought it was a bit expensive at £289, but re-reading your first post I noticed it's for 4 years which is a bargain. I had a similar thing with my last car for the paintwork, smart repair insurance for scuffs and chips etc. £299 for 3 years and £10 excess. I used it 3 times, each repair would have cost me over £120, so although I only saved about £30, it was worth it for the service. The added advantage of these insurances is the savings on you normal insurance through not having to make a claim.

The alloy wheels are diamond cut and unique on the EV. A small repair will cost between £80- £100 each time, The state of roads - potholes and people parking in tight spaces so even with the best of care you are likely to scuff them, For the cost of a repair it is possible to insure them for 3 Years with tidyalloys . I have done a lot of research and they offer a good price for the cover . Please note I have nothing to do with the firm so do your own research and make your own decision.

Is it damage insurance you have on the wheels ?
The insurance I have is with car care plan they are fantastic as I just damaged a wheel again in a multi stroy car park they are going to repair it again and they have just sprayed and repaired a door from a dent and paint chip you need this insurance it saves hundreds of pounds

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom