• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Ambient temp?

rebecca

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi,

Not posted before but I need some help if possible. I remember a message coming up on my screen about setting an ambient temperature, I was in a rush to get going so just pressed ok. Anyone know what this message might have been?!
Only reason I’m asking is because I’m sure my range was on 80 something last night and this morning when I got in it was down to 76. Have I inadvertently turned my heating on maybe?
Please be kind, I’m not clued up on anything like this 😳
Thanks

There is a message re turning on battery heating when the temperature drops lower. Could have been this, and only really of benefit if you are doing a reasonable length journey not nipping to the shops.

Ambient temperature is the outside temperature, it may have been the icy roads warning that comes on below (or at) 4 deg C.

That's true could have easily been ice warning I got that at what I thought warm for that.
Intelligent battery heating is in the charge menus if it s that.

Thanks both. I was looking in the settings but didn’t think to look at the charge menu. I’ll look in there. Thanks so much 👍🏻

I just got that exact same message and i live IN BARBADOS! Outside is not cold, it's never cold!!! I hit cancel, but the fact that it popped up at all is disturbing.

Take them with a pinch of salt with this cars software. Preheat is recommended during this cold spell but overheating type warning is a no in my opinion. Only battery warm alert should be summer months with a long drive where the cooling system can't cope

Dealer updates only at this stage...this may be a future update because I haven't seen a release for this specific foible...unless someone knows better

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 424 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back