Android Auto - Found Good Lead

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As I have not yet been able to get the NAV working on my MG ZS EV I needed to get a short USB to USB-C connector to use Android Auto for navigation. Since I live in the South West I called into ProperJob, a good place to buy cheap tools and many other things and picked up this lead.
20230324_154605.jpg

As soon as I plugged the lead into my Samsung Fold 4 Android Auto just popped onto the screen ready for me to use. No setup at all. I needed this because I was travelling on unknown roads at the time.

The great thing is that it only cost £1.99 a real bargain.

For those of you who don't live in Somerset, or near, I suspect you could find this online.

Great find, with Android Auto, a cable is not always just a cable.

On a previous (Vauxhall) the car was VERY picky with, what cable could be used.

I had several cables that worked fine, but as soon as they had been bent or the plug got the least bit lose they would refuse to work or they would disconnect when driving over even the smalles piece of bumpy road.

I decided that i would get a AAWireless well in time before my new ZS EV were set to arrive in August......And after i purchaes the AAWireless i jumped ship and ordered a Tesla, after they dropped the price...So now it just sits on the desk unused :)

It seems like a minor thing, but good USB cable is a must. Especially if you are planning to use Car Play or Android Auto regularly.

First I tried standard length braided cable. It looked very untidy.

20230325_171317.jpg

Then I put in short (15cm) braided cable. Turns out it was difficult to plug in / unplug the phone. And it looked weird with no phone...

20230325_171255.jpg

Finally got a coiled cable from amazon. This perfect. Especialy it has angled usb c end.
Very happy with it.
20230326_185147.jpg

20230326_185228.jpg

I love Proper Job! Up until recently my Dad lived in Radstock and pretty much every time we visited I'd pop into Proper Job to stock up on little oddities I didn't even know I needed. He's now moved to Norfolk so it would be a very long drive just to get the odd cable or 2.

It seems like a minor thing, but good USB cable is a must. Especially if you are planning to use Car Play or Android Auto regularly.

First I tried standard length braided cable. It looked very untidy.

View attachment 16314
Then I put in short (15cm) braided cable. Turns out it was difficult to plug in / unplug the phone. And it looked weird with no phone...

View attachment 16315

Finally got a coiled cable from amazon. This perfect. Especialy it has angled usb c end.
Very happy with it.
View attachment 16316

View attachment 16317
Thanks! That coiled option looks perfect.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom