Android auto

Prof1967

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Finally had enough of android auto not connecting and I am thinking of moving to the dark side and getting an iphone.

Before I do has anyone found an android phone that connects to android every time without fail?

If so what make and model are you using?

I have tried all the workarounds and numerous quality leads. My Huawei P30 Pro has always had connection problems and my Samsung A70 goes through phases of being able to connect and then refusing point blank.

Finally had enough of android auto not connecting and I am thinking of moving to the dark side and getting an iphone.

Before I do has anyone found an android phone that connects to android every time without fail?

If so what make and model are you using?

I have tried all the workarounds and numerous quality leads. My Huawei P30 Pro has always had connection problems and my Samsung A70 goes through phases of being able to connect and then refusing point blank.
Yea come over to the dark side prof, you know it makes sense... :)

I use a One plus 7, my wife has a Nokia and my daughter connects her OnePlus5T.
All connect ok.
You may have to press the Bluetooth link button to switch between phones but it works fine.

My phone works flawlessly but it won't help you; it's a Huawei P30 Pro!

My phone works flawlessly but it won't help you; it's a Huawei P30 Pro!
Can you check I About phone in settings and see what model number you have and also the build number?

I think there are a number of different model numbers some of which work and others that don't.

You may have the same problem with an iPhone, most problems seem to be the cable, I suspect the USB port in the car is not very good quality as well.
Best bet would be to try someone else's iPhone before going to the expense of buying one.

You may have the same problem with an iPhone, most problems seem to be the cable, I suspect the USB port in the car is not very good quality as well.
Best bet would be to try someone else's iPhone before going to the expense of buying one.
Tried the iphone I've been given for work and it connects first time. I've tried several different cables including 3 brand new supposedly high quality ones with my two android phones. Use the same cables with my sons S7 and it connects no problem.

Can you check I About phone in settings and see what model number you have and also the build number?

I think there are a number of different model numbers some of which work and others that don't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210908_234807_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210908_234807_com.android.settings.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 153
My model number is VOG-L29 with 2 IMEI numbers (possibly because its dual SIM).

I have the same phone and had the same problem. Bought a fast charge cable from amazon and now works OK.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom