What are the advantages of Android Auto?

Ok. Thanks. It works with my iPhone - but it needs to work with an android phone as well with an adapter on the end. Not tried it yet.

Ok. Thanks. It works with my iPhone - but it needs to work with an android phone as well with an adapter on the end. Not tried it yet.
why not try something like this

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks good - and cheap. I’ll give it a try. Thank you.

I've been having problems getting Android Auto to work properly with Waze.

It links up OK, but only shows the warning to open settings, and switch on GPS. When I do that, it stays stuck on wherever Waze last had a location, and doesn't update. But when I disconnect from AA and run Waze on the phone, it immediately finds its location and runs normally. 🤷‍♂️

I've been having problems getting Android Auto to work properly with Waze.

It links up OK, but only shows the warning to open settings, and switch on GPS. When I do that, it stays stuck on wherever Waze last had a location, and doesn't update. But when I disconnect from AA and run Waze on the phone, it immediately finds its location and runs normally. 🤷‍♂️
The same things happens with Charge Point app for me, check you settings and permissions on the phone.

Latest is that Android auto refused to work this afternoon.
When I checked the connector I spotted the tiny plastic connector has crumbled. Only been used a couple of days.
Emailed them about a replacement or refund. (It is a lot easier to connect/disconnect these leads).

This afternoon the right angled adapter came, so back to plan B tomorrow.
Right angle connector only fits if if have it pointing upwards.

My samsung S10 fills most of the space and the cable hole is in exactly the wrong place.

I had a reply and they are sending another set of magnetic cables.
i think that will work the best.

20210127_155347.jpg

I was thinking of making a replacement mat rather than damaging the original.
May try using a cutting up a mouse mat.
Might be worth seeing how much a replacement mat is from MG, can't see it being that expensive.

I'm planning on keeping my car for >5 years so trimming the mat doesn't bother me.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom