• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Android auto

Eckmash

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Can anyone give me some advice please? It is always very hit and miss getting android auto to get connected. OBVIOUSLY I am using the correct usb port. I would say I get a connection once every 40 tries and it is driving me nuts. The phone and cable are both okay as they work seamlessly in other cars. Help!!!!!!!

This has come up before .. it's previously been attributed to the cable but that seems unlikely in this case. My previous phone had to be unlocked for it to work, my relatively new Samsung 22 didn't. Some people have resorted to using WiFi (or possibly Bluetooth) adapters in the USB socket and connecting to that.

Can anyone give me some advice please? It is always very hit and miss getting android auto to get connected. OBVIOUSLY I am using the correct usb port. I would say I get a connection once every 40 tries and it is driving me nuts. The phone and cable are both okay as they work seamlessly in other cars. Help!!!!!!!
Try different cables. Even though your existing cable works elsewhere, unfortunately that's no guarantee it'll work for this situation. You just need to find the right combination.

I've recently purchased the AA Wireless 'puck' and installed in the car. Android auto now remotely connects seamlessly everything I enter the car without any need for plugging in each time. About £85 all in with the different cable so I can close the cover. Got the tip from someone in this forum (sorry, can't find the original author, but thank you!).
IMG_20230328_115444906_HDR.jpg

I've recently purchased the AA Wireless 'puck' and installed in the car. Android auto now remotely connects seamlessly everything I enter the car without any need for plugging in each time. About £85 all in with the different cable so I can close the cover. Got the tip from someone in this forum (sorry, can't find the original author, but thank you!). View attachment 16352

I done the exact same thing works great, but a bit slow to connect after that no problems at all

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom