Any way to remove the horn sound when locking the MG ZS EV?

Mike SOS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a new member and may be this question has be raised before. When I brought the car on lock up I never notice a peep on the horn as it does now. Is there away to remove that peep on the horn when locking the car?

Mine only does this if a door isn’t fully shut or I think....and don’t quote me as I’m yet to confirm locking with my windows not fully up..
Is there anything in the settings it not that you pressing the button twice and activating the find me function?

Mine only does this if a door isn’t fully shut or I think....and don’t quote me as I’m yet to confirm locking with my windows not fully up..
Is there anything in the settings it not that you pressing the button twice and activating the find me function?
Thanks for that tip as I found the boot door wasn't fully closed and OK now.

The horn only honks to alert you that either a door isn't closed fully, including the boot, or you haven't turned the car off by pressing the start button before exiting the car

Is it a new car? There is a problem with the false floor handle dropping forward onto the boot lip - this will stop it closing correctly - just weigh it down for a few weeks until it flops the other way. 👍

Hi my horn honked today when I locked the car. No idea why and this keeps happening. Can anyone help?
Top tip :- Always a good idea to start your question with the model of the car that is appertaining to your question.
ZS EV - Gen 1 or Gen 2 ( facelift ).
Strangely, there could be two different answers to the question, across the two different variants.
Year of your car will get you pretty close.

car doesn't give a hoot if the windows are open or not when locking as I found out yesterday when I got back to my car to find the drivers side window was still open an inch or two.

Horn beeps if there is a door open, or if you have left the car on. And if you press the lock button after the car has been locked for a while it will flash the lights and sound the horn repeatedly so you can find it in a car park... a bit of a useless feature at the moment given there are only about 7 of these cars in the wild :ROFLMAO:

Note for the pedants: That last bit was a joke, I know there are more than 7, its more like 14 :ROFLMAO: (also a joke)

[ Edited Coulomb: sw**ring not allowed by forum rules. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
car doesn't give a hoot if the windows are open or not when locking as I found out yesterday when I got back to my car to find the drivers side window was still open an inch or two.

Horn beeps if there is a door open, or if you have left the car on. And if you press the lock button after the car has been locked for a while it will flash the lights and sound the horn repeatedly so you can find it in a car park... a bit of a useless feature at the moment given there are only about 7 of these cars in the wild :ROFLMAO:

Note for the pedants: That last bit was a joke, I know there are more than 7, its more like 14 :ROFLMAO: (also a joke)
Whats even more strange.

The APP has a function to show if the sunroof is open or closed, but if you lock the car with the sunroof open, the car will not beep at you.

It KNOWS the sunroof is open, but it does not alert you.

Pretty insane.

Also, it tells you if a door, the boot or the bonnet is slightly ajar, and if, for example the boot is slightly ajar, locked but not fully engaged, it will bong at you, and it will not let you use cruise control until you stop and fully lock the boot, but it never says a thing, if the charge flap is open.

In that sense, i think the car is still like Robert Llewellyn described the Mk1.....Quirky

Whats even more strange.

The APP has a function to show if the sunroof is open or closed, but if you lock the car with the sunroof open, the car will not beep at you.

It KNOWS the sunroof is open, but it does not alert you.

Pretty insane.

Also, it tells you if a door, the boot or the bonnet is slightly ajar, and if, for example the boot is slightly ajar, locked but not fully engaged, it will bong at you, and it will not let you use cruise control until you stop and fully lock the boot, but it never says a thing, if the charge flap is open.

In that sense, i think the car is still like Robert Llewellyn described the Mk1.....Quirky
The app alos wont let you close the sunroof or windows remotely...

Go on... ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:

(I swear I'm going to start adding this to my signature block as I seem to be saying it more and more often when finding out bad things haha)

The app alos wont let you close the sunroof or windows remotely...

Go on... ask me how I know :ROFLMAO:

(I swear I'm going to start adding this to my signature block as I seem to be saying it more and more often when finding out bad things haha)
No but atleast it will sometimes lie to you about the status of the sunroof, claiming it is open, when it is clearly NOT :)

No but atleast it will sometimes lie to you about the status of the sunroof, claiming it is open, when it is clearly NOT :)
Had that about half an hour ago, opened the app and it said my drivers side window AND sunroof were both open, which worried me somewhat because it rained overnight... went outside and looked at the car then literally shouted at my phone "why you lying to me" as I saw both were in fact closed lol.

Had that about half an hour ago, opened the app and it said my drivers side window AND sunroof were both open, which worried me somewhat because it rained overnight... went outside and looked at the car then literally shouted at my phone "why you lying to me" as I saw both were in fact closed lol.
That wouldn't be so bad if the car had global closing of windows and sunroof, at least you wouldn't have to go out to check.

I have seen this a number of times, with regards to the App and what it reports about the drivers door window.
When the weather is suitable, I like to travel with the drivers window just slightly open, by about 10 - 15mm.
Just to allow a small air flow into the cabin.
I always fully close the window before powering down the car.
But when checking on the App later, it reports that the window is still open ( sometimes ).
Quick physical check of the car, which confirms it is in-fact closed correctly !.
I just wonder if there is a slight delay in the car catching up with info / data somehow ?.
So, in my case the window has been open for a while and now I instantly close the window and shut down the car straight away.
Is this why the car still believes that the window is open I wonder ?.
If I was to close the window 5 minutes before reaching home, would this time delay then report the correct status of the window ?.
See, it is doing it right now !.
The window is firmly closed, but the App insists that the drivers door window is still open.
I bet if I go outside, boot up the car, drop the window, then close it again.
Then wait a short while, close down the car, then check the App, I bet it will report correctly now.
Hey .......... It's no big issue really to be totally honest.
With all that going on in the world today, this is so trivial !.

I saw another one today when out in mine!! That’s two of them accounted for!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom