• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Any way to set the radio to default to 'off' on start-up ?

HaxbyPete

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Anybody know where to find a button or switch to set the radio to 'off' on start up of the car ? My wife keeps on jumping out of her skin whenever I turn the car on and the radio BLASTS out before I hit the mute button on the steering wheel.

Is there any way to set the radio to 'off' on start-up as the default setting ?

I've not got the car yet but have downloaded the infotainment guide. Page 33 It says:
'Audio Settings.
Touch [Audio] in the Settings interface. Here you can personalise the Volume, EQ and sound stage.'

It maybe possible to set the Audio sound to 0 or 1 then turn the sound up instead of going from LOUD to Quiet.

Not sure where the sound stage lurks.

I've not got the car yet but have downloaded the infotainment guide. Page 33 It says:
'Audio Settings.
Touch [Audio] in the Settings interface. Here you can personalise the Volume, EQ and sound stage.'

It maybe possible to set the Audio sound to 0 or 1 then turn the sound up instead of going from LOUD to Quiet.

Not sure where the sound stage lurks.
I've had the car almost three weeks now but still finding my way around it. I can't find an 'off' button for the radio/music to default to off at start-up. So I have used the keyboard key, far left, to take the volume down to zero so that, on start-up, it doesn't scare my wife.

Just another little oversight by MG design - like no sun specs storage ? No induction charging panel for the iPhone ? No mirror-tilting downwards on reverse so you can see the kerb ? No easy visual indication of whether you are driving on battery or fuel on the dashboard ? All of which features I had on the two KIA Niros I had for the last five years.

Hey ho - it's a lovely car though !

Last edited:
There is a way .

Press the home button for like 2 seconds before turning off the car and the infotainment system will turn off and display a clock.

Next time you turn on your car you that same clock will be displayed , but no radio no Navi.
The screen does turn on to show the camera views when u reverse/turn on indicator etc......

Just my 2 cents.

There is a way .

Press the home button for like 2 seconds before turning off the car and the infotainment system will turn off and display a clock.

Next time you turn on your car you that same clock will be displayed , but no radio no Navi.
The screen does turn on to show the camera views when u reverse/turn on indicator etc......

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks that's a great tip, works on the MG5 too

There is a way .

Just my 2 cents.
And another satisfied customer here - just carried out that procedure - a pretty good two cents worth if you ask me. Silence shall be golden indeed 👌 many thanks.

Just don’t blast the radio? In know loudness differences between Infotainment and phones tethered but still

So, does the volume change when you restart or stay the same as when you turned it off?
Reducing the volume before you turn off could be the answer.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom