Apeman C860 Dash Cam

I have the Apeman C550 dual dashcam with GPS tracker, has worked well for me although i can't sort a decent tidy install for the rear camera as yet but when it warms up a bit i will have another look.

I don't have the C860, like @Scorpion I have a C550 - well, two of them. I bought the first and was please with the quality, so bought the GPS module. I fitted the rear camera, but wasn't impressed with the picture quality, so bought another C550 and fitted it at the rear. This takes up two 12V sockets, but it does mean that I have good video front and back. It's not neat in the back, though, as I can't really find a way of keeping the wiring neat whilst still being able to open the hatch.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I do buy an EV, as they don't seem to have many 12V sockets.

I don't have the C860, like @Scorpion I have a C550 - well, two of them. I bought the first and was please with the quality, so bought the GPS module. I fitted the rear camera, but wasn't impressed with the picture quality, so bought another C550 and fitted it at the rear. This takes up two 12V sockets, but it does mean that I have good video front and back. It's not neat in the back, though, as I can't really find a way of keeping the wiring neat whilst still being able to open the hatch.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do if I do buy an EV, as they don't seem to have many 12V sockets.

I used some self-adhesive cable clips like so:

2BD8B73C-110B-4BDF-B349-A3BF8F6E7DC3.jpeg

6664D8E9-9865-4AAE-9B36-9102A05710BD.jpeg

5 metre cable runs all the way along the passenger side, meets the front camera cable at the top of the A-pillar, they both go behind the glove box and come out at a dual USB adapter in the centre console.

D5CDFCE1-3B15-4A97-973A-F905DE4AEE74.jpeg

F8EFE964-78F8-4A1D-9006-F5A9A05C9239.jpeg

Last edited:
I used some self-adhesive cable clips like so:

View attachment 2097

View attachment 2098

5 metre cable runs all the way along the passenger side, meets the front camera cable at the top of the A-pillar, they both go behind the glove box and come out at a dual USB adapter in the centre console.

View attachment 2099
I actually mount the rear camera on the inside of the car not the boot lid so it never moves. I like the wiring run for the rear camera you have used will have to have a look at that

nextbase do rear camera attachment that gives the equivalent of your rear view mirror view. It’s very neat and slots in the side of your front view camera. No additional wiring.

I looked at those but I didn’t think the other occupants of the car would like being on video. I also had my doubts about how good/useable the quality would be compared to a view directly through the rear glass.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom