• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

apple car play

Edoc16

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi as a new owner - I have had the car for a little over 4 weeks and still getting used to ALL the controls and options but...now find when pressing the apple car play button nothing happens ? It did before but again I might have inadvertently disconnected it somehow or is it a fault
Any help would be gratefully received. Thx

Try un pairing your phone so that the MG isn’t recognised and see if it reconnects.

Last edited:
Hi Mark , sussed it out ! must plug in and log on to IPhone first THEN press Applecarplay
Thx for your attention....
There is a feature on your phone to allow car play when your phone is off. I do find my one is a bit touch and go sometimes it connects without doing anything and there is the odd occasion I have to open the phone for it to connect, not bad enough to make an issue of it.

There is a feature on your phone to allow car play when your phone is off. I do find my one is a bit touch and go sometimes it connects without doing anything and there is the odd occasion I have to open the phone for it to connect, not bad enough to make an issue of it.
out of curiosity Mark where do I get this ?? also I dont get hands free if not plugged in to the car ?? maybe Ive mucked about with too many options !!!

Just go into settings / general settings on your Iphone, car play will show up on the menu just enter and set up from there. I am not sure if you have to set up the Bluetooth separately but again it can be paired up from Bluetooth settings on your phone. Car play will only work if directly plugged into car thru USB lead to phone, I believe it is the USB connection under the centre consul and is the nearest socket to your leg. If I am wrong I am sure someone will say it’s the other USB socket. Obviously if you are on CarPlay the hands free works thru the car play.

Last edited:
Just go into settings / general settings on your Iphone, car play will show up on the menu just enter and set up from there. I am not sure if you have to set up the Bluetooth separately but again it can be paired up from Bluetooth settings on your phone. Car play will only work if directly plugged into car thru USB lead to phone, I believe it is the USB connection under the centre consul and is the nearest socket to your leg. If I am wrong I am sure someone will say it’s the other USB socket. Obviously if you are on CarPlay the hands free works thru the car play.
Done that and aware will only work if plugged into the port nearest the driver - thx Electrified
(haven't tried it out yet is too frigging wet and cold just now - that's a tomorrow job)

Has anyone tried any of the wireless CarPlay adapters with their MG?

There are third party adapters that plug into the usb port on the car - these then enable wireless use. I wondered if anyone had tried them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom