• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Arnold Clark Linwood - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I went there in March 2016 when looking for a new MG3. Explained I was a cash buyer. They insisted that their finance deal (which worked out at £600 over the OTR price) was a better deal. I went to Fraser's in Falkirk whom offered me a £2000 discount on the OTR price along with a better trade in value on my old car than we-buy-any-car.com.

I just collected my new ZS-EV from Fraser's today (another substantial discount).

I must say however that between these 2 purchases, we bought used cars for my daughter and wife - both from Arnold Clarke Linwood (from the Seat and Vauxhall dealerships) - after visting several other dealerships including Peter Vardy in Hillington and Evans Halshaw in Kilmarnock. Our experience at those other dealers convinced me never to go back even if they were giving cars away.

One of the 2 cars had some minor issues, which Arnold Clarke fixed promptly without any quibbles. In both cases, the staff were informed, polite, accomodating and no hard sell tactics.

Visited last week to collect a paint pen from parts dept, lunchtime doesn’t seem the best time to visit. Undergoing a massive refurbishment so no cars inside just now - in fact all dealerships in this compound look to have building work going on.

Have been using this dealer for my service plan work. TBH, I'm wishing I hadn't.

As recorded elsewhere on here, my ZS has now broken down several times. At first, that was just quite annoying, but no problem, the AA recovery was sorted. EXCEPT, that's now twice they've had my car in for its annual service, and they've failed to renew the AA cover. The last time I discovered this was when I broke down on a motorway slip road, in a live lane. This time, I'm discovering it at 1am on a Sunday in the middle of Ayrshire. Considering I directly asked them at the last service if the cover had been renewed, that's not a good reflection on them. Considering some of the faults that have started to show on a car just over 3 years old, and them saying they would see about them being covered under warranty, I'm doubting they're bothering about anything even before I'm out the door.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom