Arnold Clark Rutherglen - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Been in here twice to look at the MG5. Both times nobody approached to ask if they could help. First time one gentleman shouted over "the cars are locked - covid" from his desk. Didn't feel like a welcoming experience which is a pity at they are only 2 miles from my house.

Bought my ZS from there, but I'd already checked online and had registered an interest in one the had available. Test drive and purchase were fine, except for a few parts being out of stock (was back in January). Haven't been back yet to try the service department (the parts are now in stock, but my work roster hasn't been very helpful to plan ahead and book the car in).

Bought my ZS from there, but I'd already checked online and had registered an interest in one the had available. Test drive and purchase were fine, except for a few parts being out of stock (was back in January). Haven't been back yet to try the service department (the parts are now in stock, but my work roster hasn't been very helpful to plan ahead and book the car in).
Glad you had a better experience than me. Maybe I just got them on a bad day - twice

Just purchased my MG HS PHEV from here. Grant the salesman was very helpful and had a considerable amount of knowledge about the car, and was able to answer all my questions. It may seem that should be the norm, however I had been looking at changing over for over a month looking at everything from a Nissan Leaf, Kia Niro, Mitsubishi Outlander, and even a Mercedes EQA EV. Not a single one of them had any real knowledge of their HPEV or EV cars, and were googling the answers right in front of me. Arnold Clark Rutherglen, and Grant in particular were the exception and I am seriously looking forward to picking my new car up on Thursday, Pretty naive I know, but I never even knew there was such a thing as an MG HS MPEV, and happened to be passing the showroom and popped in for a look. Really glad I did as I think it was a great decision and I am so glad Grant was working that day.

Just spent 10 minutes of my life failing to get Arnold Clark in Rutherglen to give me a price for the first service for my MG5.

How hard can it be?

One year after buying, some cracks are starting to appear...

1. Still don't have the mudflaps fitted, and whenever I'm in, the fella dealing with it isn't... I currently own the most expensive floor mats in MG history.

2. Servicing costs are consistently more than other dealers within the central belt. Servicing arrangement for mine is in Paisley because of the price difference.

3. Service department woefully understaffed/massive backlog of repairs. Car broke down last week, won't even be looked at until next month.

4. Chances of them offering any assistance with a rental or alternative transport while your car is off the road....zero, unless you've booked it in weeks in advance.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. It's been quietly doing its thing without any issues for just over a year (until the failure last week), but the aftersales service has been less than what I would expect when you hand over tens of thousands of pounds up front.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom