• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Auto high beam and key left in car horn...

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone has anyone used the high beam option yet in the comfort 2 updates as mine is switch off and yet last night my auto high beam still came on when driving down a dark lane....??
Also noticed that I still got, but only one...honk of the horn when my passenger got out of the car and closed the passenger door before I got out and closed mine...so effectively the car was turned off and I was still in the drivers seat.
I’ve got a feeling some of these updates have been applied correctly, which causes me concern...has anyone else had these problems and perhaps these errors are also related to the high range shown on the GOM after charging....
I would be interested in people’s views and comments and particularly from any MG technical personnel on this forum.

Hello Mark
I cannot comment on the high beam haven't been anywhere lately when it's dark. As for the horn going off when a passenger gets out, my car definitely does not sound the horn at all (that was the first thing I tried on all doors after the update) so does sound like something is amiss. If you can replicate the horn sounding once, might be an idea to go back to the main dealer and show them.

I had a similar issue with the key reminder sounding the horn when my Comfort Pack 2 was supposedly fully installed. I took it back to the dealer and they tried again and now it doesn't sound the horn when the passenger gets out before I do. But I do get 3 horns when I try and lock the door as opposed to 1 but I can live with that!

Take it back to the dealer to try again.

Regarding the high beam, no idea yet. Hopefully it works because that function was a bit rubbish, always dazzling other drivers.

I think I’ll raise it at the first service rather than take it back in now...just strange as to how these updates seem to have different results; that’s more concerning..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom