Auto Wipers

ChrisT

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just wondering if anyone has perfected the auto wiper settings , ours seem to have a mind of their own, on the plus side it is a fun game of jeopardy to see if they will speed up when it rains harder. I have a suspicion that they need to be turned off and on again to reset them after each use.

I call them random wipers. I noticed one day last week that when I put the stalk up to the next notch, which is supposed to be slow speed continuous, they sometimes did a wipe then a pause, then a wipe, then a pause, a bit like intermittent wipers do. What's that all about ? :unsure:

I guess it uses the camera also to monitor rain on the windscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it uses the camera too to monitor rain on the windscreen.
No, the rain sensor is separate from the camera. In the same area though (y)

Attachments

• PXL_20201026_205617928.jpg
    PXL_20201026_205617928.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 478
Haven’t found them to be much better or worse than most auto wipers - they’re all pretty crap really!

I’ve not had a problem beyond them not quite responding exactly to the changing conditions - so exactly like every other auto wiper I’ve used.

my biggest annoyance with the wipers is that with the car being so quiet I can hear the rear wiper motor.

Mine generally all seem to work okay, not much different from my previous Volvo..not as fast on top speed, but that’s it. The Volvo were really fast on top speed..

Those who have had no problem with the wipers , do you adjust the sensitivity dial on the stalk and if so what position do you move it to, is it on the shortest bars, longest or in the middle.Thanks

I find if I change the setting to the longest bars they are more sensitive to the rain and work better.

Hmm not sure I’ll have to check once it’s stopped raining, does anyone know what the manual says?.

The last couple of sentences in 2nd paragraph of Intermittent Wipe suggests that, turning switch 5 will increase the sensitivity of the rain sensor, decreasing the wiping interval.

The length of the bars on the switch is confusing, I'd have had them the other way round!

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 10.34.39.png

The vehicle speed sensor may be the reason mine did the wipe then pause thing, on slow continuous, as I was stationary at the time. (y)

Just cleaned the car and realised the wiper arms do not clear the bonnet to lift them up, opened the bonnet but still dont clear the bonnet, not a problem and perhaps other cars are the same but all my previous cars were able to lift up wiper arms. Tried to stop the wiper arms in mid swipe but couldn't. Also surprised at space in engine/motor area, had a leaf before where the space under the bonnet was full of charger and motor.

Read the manual there is a maintenance setting, I believe off the top of my head turn the power off on the car and then put your wipers on and they move to the middle of the screen..

Anyone know if there is a auto setting for the 2022 zst vibe? It states in the manual and the spec sheets that there is a rain sensor for the car but there is no auto setting on the stalk... the wipers do not come on when rain starts, also the intermittent mode works with or without water on the windscreen. I'm starting to think i have been had.
20220529_120027.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom