Bad news…. will not be purchasing an HS PHEV

Flatcoat

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Unfortunately due to legal impact of towing weight limitation I am unable to buy….. The max tow weight is 1500kg and my caravan is plated at 1550kg. Even if I keep my van at or below 1500 I am advised that if stopped by the Police or VOSA for a weight check I will not be allowed to continue due to mismatch of plated weights. Bu88er….. hey ho so i now need to start my search again!! I hope to be back one day and will keep an eye on the brand and forum.

Why not see if you can get the caravan replated, normally done to increase mptw but I have read on the web when done to reduce it to suit a new car.

It could depend on how old the caravan is and how long you've had it.
First port of call would be your supplying dealer before Swift direct.
There is no technical reason why not as you would now be towing a caravan below its original weight. A higher rated plate could need tyres and pressures looking at.

I contributed to that thread and upplating is done by all manufacturers. I have done it twice but it doesn’t mean the opposite is supported by Swift.

And that is exactly what I was referring to. Enjoy your new car Flatcoat, and enjoy your new forum and owners club. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom