• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Badge colour

TootBeep

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Has anyone changed the badge colour on their ZS ? Or know if it's possible to get off relatively easy to colour. I am getting a ZS soon & the only thing that gets me is the silver badge, would much prefer it in black.

Has anyone changed the badge colour on their ZS ? Or know if it's possible to get off relatively easy to colour. I am getting a ZS soon & the only thing that gets me is the silver badge, would much prefer it in black.
Hi TootBeep - I've changed the colour of the badges on my current car and 2 previous cars using "Plastidip" which is a spray paint that dries into a sort of rubberised finish.

If you search on YouTube, you'll find plenty of tutorials and you can either get the can of spray paint direct from them or the usual online retailer that delivers everywhere!

My current car is black and I got it de-chromed and did the lettering and badges myself, in black, and in my humble opinion it does make the car look better.

I can DM you some photo's if that helps?

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi TootBeep - I've changed the colour of the badges on my current car and 2 previous cars using "Plastidip" which is a spray paint that dries into a sort of rubberised finish.

If you search on YouTube, you'll find plenty of tutorials and you can either get the can of spray paint direct from them or the usual online retailer that delivers everywhere!

My current car is black and I got it de-chromed and did the lettering and badges myself, in black, and in my humble opinion it does make the car look better.

I can DM you some photo's if that helps?

Cheers

Bloggsy
Would be interested in seeing what you've done, sounds interesting. Are you able to post a couple on here?

Hi RHA - at the risk of getting a bit of stick from other members, here's some photo's, as requested. As you can see, my main car isn't an MG - the ZS EV is the wife's car and I've been told I'm not allowed to do anything, other than drive it when she doesn't need it! ;)

Before.jpeg
After.jpeg
After 2.jpeg

I've removed the Arnold Clark sticker as well and the best part is that if I ever want to return the car back to the original chrome badge and lettering, the plastidip can be removed easier than if I had used 'normal' spray paint.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi RHA - at the risk of getting a bit of stick from other members, here's some photo's, as requested. As you can see, my main car isn't an MG - the ZS EV is the wife's car and I've been told I'm not allowed to do anything, other than drive it when she doesn't need it! ;)

View attachment 11337View attachment 11338View attachment 11339

I've removed the Arnold Clark sticker as well and the best part is that if I ever want to return the car back to the original chrome badge and lettering, the plastidip can be removed easier than if I had used 'normal' spray paint.

Cheers

Bloggsy
Thanks for sharing, that does make quite a difference!

It's still an EV so you won't get stick from here ;-) I'm stuck with the BMW i3 REX until this mystery ZS appears.

We looked at the Skoda/VW options but just couldn't get the price to work for us.

View attachment 11337View attachment 11338View attachment 11339

Cheers

Bloggsy
Thanks for sharing, think that looks really good ! I will probably go down the same route, when I get the car & get it done I'll report back 👍

It's still an EV so you won't get stick from here ;-)

Thanks RHA but you haven't met Eddie (@Edoc16) and Archie (@Archev) who gave pelters when I turned up to a 'meet' in my car (I did a detour on the way to taking my daughter into Uni so had to use my car as it has a longer range) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks RHA but you haven't met Eddie (@Edoc16) and Archie (@Archev) who gave pelters when I turned up to a 'meet' in my car (I did a detour on the way to taking my daughter into Uni so had to use my car as it has a longer range) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy
Feeble excuse Bloggsy, had the nerve to turn up at an MG meet with a non MG vehicle :-(
AND it wasn't red Grrrr.....
Hopee all is well with you :)

Feeble excuse Bloggsy, had the nerve to turn up at an MG meet with a non MG vehicle :-(
AND it wasn't red Grrrr.....
Hopee all is well with you :)
Hi Eddie - it took you 17 mins to reply! I had been waiting online for you! :ROFLMAO:

All's good - hope the same with you and Archie? We'll have to get all the Scottish members together again near Hogmanay time. And this time, we'll definitely need a hot drink!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi Eddie - it took you 17 mins to reply! I had been waiting online for you! :ROFLMAO:

All's good - hope the same with you and Archie? We'll have to get all the Scottish members together again near Hogmanay time. And this time, we'll definitely need a hot drink!

Cheers

Bloggsy
totally agree young man...one condition everyone must turn up driving an MG!!!!

Take care

Apparently it can be done according to the dealer as they replaced a damaged badge on their demo ZS EV, I have ordered the new front badge in black, c£65, so we will see (when it comes …)

Apparently it can be done according to the dealer as they replaced a damaged badge on their demo ZS EV, I have ordered the new front badge in black, c£65, so we will see (when it comes …)
Really interested to see the OEM badge in black!

Badge arrived in one week much to my surprise, seems to just clip in - will be fitting next weekend. Have ordered rear badge in black as well now.
Lucca, do you have a part number for the front badge in Black? Was the badge totally black, or Black Gloss, with Chrome emblem?

Part number of the black front badge as per attached. Changing it was more challenging than I envisaged. Accessing the rear of the badge requires the removal of the top panel which exposes another plastic fitment with 4 horizontal bolts. Remove these and you can access the rear of the badge by sliding the plastic fitment forward, you cannot remove it. You will need a short Philips screwdriver to remove the single securing screw but there are a number of Philips screws in that locality and direct vision is difficult so identify the correct one first! The badge can then be prised out whilst releasing the clips behind. Installing it is simply reversing the process. Now waiting for rear black badge.

Attachments

• 6B44403B-DB75-4257-9B95-65E9AC8FB373.jpeg
    6B44403B-DB75-4257-9B95-65E9AC8FB373.jpeg
    589.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 4626D74B-8CA6-4B06-B02A-5583EADAA1C2.jpeg
    4626D74B-8CA6-4B06-B02A-5583EADAA1C2.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 104
  • FE6384BD-5233-4C59-B774-2554C9A3BF25.jpeg
    FE6384BD-5233-4C59-B774-2554C9A3BF25.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 70B67C3F-C154-43D7-96EB-B5A5EC249D4A.jpeg
    70B67C3F-C154-43D7-96EB-B5A5EC249D4A.jpeg