• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Bluetooth bug, pairing constantly

juanxu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello!

I'm facing a problem/bug with the bluetooth. I receive the car on 4/01/2023 with the firmware SWI68-29958-1300R24 and since the begining I pair the iPhone 13 without problem and everything works great, but after close the car and going back after a while, the system ask me to re-pair and the infotainment lose the pairing. I've tried a lot of times even with other phone (Gamaxy A32) with the same result.

Anyone with this problem?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
1300R30 is the latest Infotainment version for the Trophy. I don't know if BT pairing is covered under that module though.

Ok, so it seems that is something with the firmware. Could you check the version that you have? Mine is SWI68-29958-1300R24. To check if it's something related to an specific firmware...

Last edited:
I have same problem. On R24, they say there's no update, when we know R30 is the latest.. I've given up for now until they actually understand how to update the infotainment system

In Spain there are more people with this problem, everyone with the R24 so we can confirm that the R24 is the reason. Hope that we have an update soon...

Mmm exactly the same that with the R24. Then I’m really very worried about it, maybe it is not only related to a update…

Same here in Sweden, got mine three weeks ago an all software is suppose to be latest. As long as I connect to Android Auto everything works fine but if I don't the car wants to pair the phone again, had around 10 MG pairs in my phone after a while.

Same here in Iceland. Had the car since 14/12/22. Was just about to post and ask if it’s a widespread issue. Really annoying. It seems to delete the pairing history on the infotainment system. If I try to connect from my iPhone 14 it says unsuccessful and asks me to forget the device (MG4). I have to check which update I have installed, although it seems to affect both R24 and R30.

BG.

No update from this topic, and I’m not sure if they are aware about this problem in MG… so not sure if they are working to solve this

Running these versions since a dealer update last week, the phone (iPhone 13) hasn't unpaired since. It seems to be fine now.

rw4PW3y.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 422 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel