Bonnet app codes have sneakily acquired expiry dates....

AK OK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
As per title.

Bonnet alerted me this a.m. to a "25% off next charge" automatically applied..

Went to their app & noticed they've slyly added short expiry dates to most of the free charge promos in my stash! Barstewards!

Mine too, I have three days to use them. They were going to get used when on holiday with the kids😕

Checked ours and 3 remaining free charges all now have expiry of 25/06. So 2 days left.
I too was saving these for when we go away next month. :(

Same here. Oh well. Bonnet won't get used at this rate. Wasn't going to be much good given the other changes they made anyway.

They've switched all of mine to the end of the week. Can't even nip out and use it before I lose it. But the free lunch has to come at an end at some point.

Same here, runs out tomorrow, won't be able to use it but to be fair I did get several freebies and as we all now electricity prices have gone up a tad.

I sent a note to their customer services commenting how 'sneaky' it was just to add a 3 day expiry date with no warning.
I'm not expecting a response.

New terms and conditions added a few weeks ago covered it, can't say I didn't see it coming.

New terms and conditions added a few weeks ago covered it, can't say I didn't see it coming.
Indeed. That email also talked about giving a weeks notice of disadvantageous changes.... seems that was a BS too? I didn't get any notification about the short dates or anything else for that matter..
I feel the big "uninstall" button looming.

Put a charge in today, on expiry day and despite having 2 codes for a free charge the app has taken money off me.
Stern eMail sent. Somehow do not expect a response.
Things seem to be falling apart for Bonnet

Put a charge in today, on expiry day and despite having 2 codes for a free charge the app has taken money off me.
Stern eMail sent. Somehow do not expect a response.
Things seem to be falling apart for Bonnet
Oh dear.. (sincerely)🙄

I also don't understand why they leave the codes in the promotions section ? One of mine sits there saying "use by 05/06/22", two others say "use by 25/6/22“ it seems they mean "before" not "by".

Plus the amusingly crap incitement to share my referral code and get "£0 off your next Refill Payment" - yeah right!

They've just sent me another notification about £15 if I recommend to a friend...
Click through & it starts the app & whaddaya know, no trace of the "offer" anywhere that I can see🙄

Seems someone still hasn't understood "android app development for dummies" boys? 🙄🙄

Bonnet have right royally annoyed me today. Checked last night, noticed that all bar one of my promotions had expired, but one had no date - excellent - I was going up to Croft for the Btcc and need a charge in the way back so I'll use that.

Fast forward to today - rolled up at Leeds Skelton Ionity charges, got charging within a minute, all good. As an aside those Ionity chargers are excellent. Was pulling 74kw within a few seconds of connecting.

Anyway left it going went an got some food - didn't set a charge limit because I thought it'd be free. Get out to the car - amazing - charged to 90% in 50 minutes. But then my phone pings up to say I've been charged £24. Check the app. The promotion code that last night had no expiry date now has one. For yesterday.

Not amused.

Bonnet have right royally annoyed me today. Checked last night, noticed that all bar one of my promotions had expired, but one had no date - excellent - I was going up to Croft for the Btcc and need a charge in the way back so I'll use that.

Fast forward to today - rolled up at Leeds Skelton Ionity charges, got charging within a minute, all good. As an aside those Ionity chargers are excellent. Was pulling 74kw within a few seconds of connecting.

Anyway left it going went an got some food - didn't set a charge limit because I thought it'd be free. Get out to the car - amazing - charged to 90% in 50 minutes. But then my phone pings up to say I've been charged £24. Check the app. The promotion code that last night had no expiry date now has one. For yesterday.

Not amused.
That's got to be worth a concerted moan?
The do seem to making lots of schoolboy hardnfast errors... Look em up there's about twenty of em... It's not like two blokes in a bedsit... All on 50k while the sun shines I bet...

Remind me - did I have to put any money down with this lot to get started? £5 to prove the card works or somesuch? I'm dumping em but there's no sign of any "credit" balance in their app - but, as we keep discovering- what does that really tell me?

Bonnet just sent me a phone notification claiming they miss me & offered me a free charge... Click though to the app, no trace, "promotions" tab? Nothing there... Do I trust them & am I prepared to risk it? Do I f.

I'm going to rename them Botchet, as their app & customer service attitude is atrocious.

Still waiting for a reply to my query from late June!

I will risk a refill next month either for free if promotion honoured or for £9 just to get 45p charging when I head to the south coast again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom