• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

For Sale Boot flooring upgrade

Severnless

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Finally got round to putting an advert for the extra set of boot flooring that I made.
As MG5 owners will know MG’s answer to this is thin corrugated plastic, so if you put anything heavy into the boot it normally collapses the flooring into the wheel well.
So my answer is a set of birch plywood panels that sit below the carpet, so very strong and stable
I made an extra set when making a set for my car which is now up for sale.
I also made a set of templates so can make them to order, if anyone is interested.
Price £45
Collection from B63
Or can send for an extra £9
244F1F06-7D24-4CA3-A7EB-F65387258BE9.jpeg55A89690-1F64-435A-8546-EE9F3239E888.jpeg892B8D05-813B-4CBB-A868-038657337546.jpegDA6A23C2-7FF0-4D31-A8BA-FA075198B389.jpeg257DC5EB-2211-45B7-A76E-31971271A591.jpeg

Great Idea I'll have set too please I live not too far away TF5. Again no rush and cash sale
Ok thanks I will put your name down :)
I’ve sold the set I’ve got in the pics, (sorry) But i will have to get my finger out and have 3 new sets finished for the first week When I get back from our holiday, so at the being of August.
Anyone else for a set?

A thought Tim have you considered making some spacer to go underneath so when required the boot floor can be raised to reduce the drop at the boot lip and make a flat surface?

A thought Tim have you considered making some spacer to go underneath so when required the boot floor can be raised to reduce the drop at the boot lip and make a flat surface?
As an added bonus you can carry all your running gear and other stuff under the raised floor, but it still gives an empty loading area for the kids to throw school bags from 15 yards. Best thing I did with mine.

Could it be configured to allow a full size spare wheel?

Thanks for your thoughts, all I did was make something that would fit my needs (and as an off shoot), I made a template so I could make some more, for anyone who wants a set, if I wanted to make the flooring so I could change the level, then I would of done, but i didn’t want to lose the capacity of the boot space.
If you want I can look into makeing a frame/ spacers to lift the flooring for you, as you say so that the flooring is lifted to the height of the seats bases (when folded)/ boot lip. Have also pm’ed

As an added bonus you can carry all your running gear and other stuff under the raised floor, but it still gives an empty loading area for the kids to throw school bags from 15 yards. Best thing I did with mine.
Yep know what you mean, but as said above I need to keep the boot space as is.
Could it be configured to allow a full size spare wheel?
Yes, if lifted to the height of the boot lip then I would of thought a full size would fit.

Reactions: Alb
If you want to raise the floor any old boards will do. 1040mm x 150mm for front and back. 730mm x 150mm for the sides. I just used some modesty blocks to hold them in place. Then the whole lot can be taken out if I need the whole boot as one space. If I hadn’t already cobbled together my own floor I’d be combining my risers with a severnless floor as it looks great and the ply is likely to be lighter than the old loft board I ended up using.

right hand picture combine with the solution from Tim would be good
Exactly that. I have the charging cable and emergency gear in the wheel well. Then flimsy floor with my running stuff on that and a wooden floor on top as the actual floor for kids bags, shopping etc. I find it invaluable as I always have my stuff but at the same time I always have a clear floor for loading with the bonus that I’m not worrying about all the fuel I’m burning carrying around the extra weight.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom