• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Boot Liners & Mats

OhmMy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Has anyone bought a floor mat or whole boot liner for the MG4 yet ? What's it like ?
I can see whole boot liners and mats in Ali Express, but I do not want a natural/leather product that comes from China, especially since it will be for my dog to sit on.

Try Car Mats from £18.95 - Tailored UK Car Mats | Carmats4u they have a few in, I've bought off these before and the quality is good
Already got the interior car mats. Just looking for a boot liner, which they do not make, just boot mats .
Had a rubber boot mat in previous car but the dog is a leaning Golden Retriever - wiry crinkled yellow hairs that get embedded in the side wall matting of the boot and hell to brush out. A vinyl/simulated leather liner would be ideal (If not leather).
Boot liner Ali Express

I keep looking for one too but need one that fits when the back seats are folded down as I have two greyhounds.
I might have to get a couple of generic ones to get the length and full side protection and cover with an old blanket the same as I've done with my Focus.

Already got the interior car mats. Just looking for a boot liner, which they do not make, just boot mats .
Had a rubber boot mat in previous car but the dog is a leaning Golden Retriever - wiry crinkled yellow hairs that get embedded in the side wall matting of the boot and hell to brush out. A vinyl/simulated leather liner would be ideal (If not leather).
Boot liner Ali Express
We have a goldie - these are amazing for removing hair from the car Amazon product ASIN B0967HP9QX

My Amazon link works fine (if you click it). The other link posted doesn't work.

If it doesn't appear properly in the forum view then that's because of an Adblocker extension. :)

I picked up my Hatchbag today and I'm really impressed.

I received it for free in return for letting them scan my car and it came with all of the options. They should add better photos to their website soon but I did get to quickly try the various options during my lunch hour so thought I would add them here.

It's a modular system using velcro so you can have it in a number of different configurations.

I'll be using it most of the time in it's most basic form:

IMG_20230301_124127.jpg

To the velcro strip at the front you can attach a bumper guard for loading dogs and you can also add headrest covers:

IMG_20230301_122407.jpg

With the seats down you have a choice of two options. Seat backs only:

IMG_20230301_123533.jpg

Or, everything (It fits better than I made it look, I was just in such a rush to get back to work):

IMG_20230301_123232.jpg

IMG_20230301_123225.jpg

You can even get a cover for the boot lid plastic but it doesn't show up very well in my picture:

IMG_20230301_122449.jpg

It seems to be high quality and is made in the UK (Birkenhead). If you have an SE I think you can get one for free as they still need to scan a car with the fixed floor but you will have to go to them twice for a few hours each time.

I picked up my Hatchbag today and I'm really impressed.

I received it for free in return for letting them scan my car and it came with all of the options. They should add better photos to their website soon but I did get to quickly try the various options during my lunch hour so thought I would add them here.

It's a modular system using velcro so you can have it in a number of different configurations.

I'll be using it most of the time in it's most basic form:

View attachment 15572

To the velcro strip at the front you can attach a bumper guard for loading dogs and you can also add headrest covers:

View attachment 15573

With the seats down you have a choice of two options. Seat backs only:

View attachment 15574

Or, everything (It fits better than I made it look, I was just in such a rush to get back to work):

View attachment 15575

View attachment 15576

You can even get a cover for the boot lid plastic but it doesn't show up very well in my picture:

View attachment 15577

It seems to be high quality and is made in the UK (Birkenhead). If you have an SE I think you can get one for free as they still need to scan a car with the fixed floor but you will have to go to them twice for a few hours each time.
I have seen this one advertised before. Looks well tailored, but single layer PVC or multiple layers and padding? I think I would worry about tears from dog claws, and at £130+ it is pricey.
Mine is an SE but I would not do a 10 hour 500 mile round trip for a freebie, and it seems no other SE owner has either yet.

I have seen this one advertised before. Looks well tailored, but single layer PVC or multiple layers and padding? I think I would worry about tears from dog claws, and at £130+ it is pricey.
Mine is an SE but I would not do a 10 hour 500 mile round trip for a freebie, and it seems no other SE owner has either yet.
I think it is single layer PVC and seems to be a trade off between thickness and flexibility. If it was thicker then it wouldn't mould to the shape very well and fabric would not wipe down so easily. I would say it is similar in thickness to a decent paddling pool.

A dog with sharp claws might be able to tear it. However, I would put something else softer on top for the dog to lay on anyway so it would be protected. It's more about protecting the boot from hair, water and mud.

Our miniature schnauzer rides on the back seat so we can belt him in. For us the liner is mostly to protect the boot from dirt and sand from days out plus the occasional tip run.

It is pricey though, I think everything we got would be >£250

I just received a Cargo Tray for my Trophy but it wasn't what I was expecting.

5963e514f6943076d754c4515bc7fcb0.jpg_400x400q80.jpg_.webp

I thought I was getting one that would fit on top of the false floor but instead this one only fits underneath which is largely pointless in my view as I use the cargo space for small accessories and that I need to get out quite frequently and this makes it more difficult. It's a fairly easy mistake to make so beware. Tiresome to return and pretty cheap so I guess I'll learn to live with it :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom