• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Bp pulse non member free charge

billybonfire3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if your not paying the subscription fee can you still use pulse for the free terminals with the app. I know you can use the charged ones but not sure about the free ones.

I have only tried to use one of the BP pulse free chargers once and as a non-member, it charged me £1.20 connection fee through the app. So the app has to be in credit

I have used a free BP EVSE at an Asda store a few times with the BP Pulse app and I have never had a subscription 😅

When I cancelled my subscription I asked about using the Free charging points at Adsa and BP Pulse customer services told me I could still use them with the App but there is a late £1.20. Now since the 7 kW post seems to be 7 kW for the post not for each of the two charging ports, this means with a typical 1 hour and 4 hours max stay (due to the car park 4 hour limit) the cost per kWh is between 8.3p /kWh and up to 33.3p on 1 hour typical all at the 3.6 kW rate as in my neck of the woods there seems to always be one EV at least per post charging. If you're lucky enough to get a post to yourself cost per kWh would be halved but I doubt you'd get the full 4 hours at 7 kW nor would you want to spend that long at Asda!

Last edited by a moderator:
No. SWMBO would spend a fortune whilst waiting. Now if they had a cafe it would be a full English for me. And a slide of marmalade toast for the boss😂😂😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom