• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Brake Accelerator Pedal Plates

JeffMcC75

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Has anyone tried fitting replacement pedals?
There are some available on ebay, just wondered if anyone had tried fitting them and if they were any good.

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes i have a set fitted bought from ebay. You have to take the original rubber off the brake pedal before fitting. Good tight fit and looks loads better than the cheap crap from MG.Those are the same ones from the same seller i bought.

Yes i have a set fitted bought from ebay. You have to take the original rubber off the brake pedal before fitting. Good tight fit and looks loads better than the cheap crap from MG.Those are the same ones from the same seller i bought.
Is it difficult to get the original covers off

Hi, I've ordered some. Regarding fitting, do they clip over the current pedal (sfter removing the brake pedal rubber), or do they slide along the metal of the pedal it till it stops? if that makes sense?

Hi, I've ordered some. Regarding fitting, do they clip over the current pedal (sfter removing the brake pedal rubber), or do they slide along the metal of the pedal it till it stops? if that makes sense?

They are rubber at the side and fit over the pedals. Accelerator is more difficult to fit, make sure its fitted over the top corners of the pedal.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've just got my pedals and I found this video to give me an idea what changing them over will involve.

I found the brake pedal tight to fit, but at least you know its not going to come off. Just takes perserverance

The accelerator fit is slightly easier but you'll want to get it fit over the top right and left edge so it doesnt slip down when pressing it.

I havent had any issue with mine since fitting and find it really enhances the look. Good luck and post a pic when you're done! (y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom