• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

Deal Agreed Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 205 / 60 R16 96V

biffo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I’ve got four OEM tyres from an MG5 - covered 365 miles so ‘as new’.

Since I can’t find these for sale in UK, not quite sure of value. I’m guessing £50 each is fair? Ideally selling in pairs (or all four)

I’m based in Glasgow and have no idea about postage so collection (or delivery in central-ish Scotland) would be preferred.

Last edited:
How are you finding your new tyres?
Seem good so far, feel grippy, don’t notice any more noise - but I did fit my roof bars recently so the wind from those dominate

F8AE5E15-805C-4D4A-A4C6-136140FFF7F6.jpeg

I’ve got four OEM tyres from an MG5 - covered 365 miles so ‘as new’.

Since I can’t find these for sale in UK, not quite sure of value. I’m guessing £50 each is fair? Ideally selling in pairs (or all four)

I’m based in Glasgow and have no idea about postage so collection (or delivery in central-ish Scotland) would be preferred.
Interested in why you are selling them? Changed to all season or winters? If so has it affected your average miles/kWh? I’m considering similar
Cheers Steve (Inverness)

Just catching up, good choice. Did you change wheels too? I’m guessing not so tyres the same profile. I’ve used the cross climates before and found them brilliant, quiet, comfortable and grippy. Don’t suppose they’ve improved the torque steer though ?

Hi - I’d only done 365 miles and still at the stage where acceleration is fun, so honestly can’t say if MPG is impacted - they do have very low rolling resistance though.

I used to swap winter/summer wheels but can’t be bothered now so opted for All Season - new Michelin CrossClimate 2.

I have had a little wheel spin on lock when coming out a junction but think they’re better than OEM in the wet, but that’s entirely subjective and possibly biased.

Hi - I’d only done 365 miles and still at the stage where acceleration is fun, so honestly can’t say if MPG is impacted - they do have very low rolling resistance though.

I used to swap winter/summer wheels but can’t be bothered now so opted for All Season - new Michelin CrossClimate 2.

I have had a little wheel spin on lock when coming out a junction but think they’re better than OEM in the wet, but that’s entirely subjective and possibly biased.
Thanks Biffo
I’ve done nearly 4000 miles of mixed driving and she’s averaging nearly 4m / KWh which is pretty good. But it’s been largely summer conditions so comparison with potentially colder conditions is going to be difficult. I don’t believe that all seasons will make that much difference and up here in Scotland we need good tyres in the winter. I used to change for winters until these really good all seasons came along. Must admit to enjoying driving electric.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom