Budgen Shrewsbury - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I have now been let down by 2 MG suppliers which had resulted in the sale of my car privately - but left me isolated as original orders were cancelled or massively delayed (for various reasons) - which had left me isolated as I had sold my car privately having been told to prepare for delivery. An initial exploratory call to the Team at Budgen regarding their availability caused some confusion - but I was quickly called back by the Sales Team Manager and offered the use of a demo car on loan, whilst my new MG4 is delivered, inspected, prepared for delivery.

I even have the VIN - this time.

I cannot fault the service received so far - none of the other dealers proactively offered the solution of a loan car - a rather nice MG ZS (their current petrol demo car) loaned to me by Budgen MG.

Rather now being panicked that I and my family are stuck at home (very rural). We are once again mobile and eagerly anticipating the arrival of our new MG4 in the coming days.

I would highly recommend Budgen MG in Shrewsbury. Tom, Aaron & Ryan - have and are being - very helpful.

After our experience yesterday, I cannot recommend Budgen Shrewsbury, at least not whilst they are in the practice of totally ignoring the default threaded bolt holders for the rear registration plate and favouring instead to punch holes through the bodywork instead which left untreated will cause rust problems down the line.

There was also a scratch on the driver side door as well as a paint chip on the tailgate on collection, which they need to sort out.

Sales staff are pleasant, that's the only positive I can give.

Wow, aside from the scratch and chip, that's the only reason you wouldn't recommend Budgen Motors.

Was it a brand new car?

IIRC, UK plates won't line up with the bolt holes and also the bottom plastic black bar is there for a reason aesthetically.

Wow, aside from the scratch and chip, that's the only reason you wouldn't recommend Budgen Motors.

Was it a brand new car?

IIRC, UK plates won't line up with the bolt holes and also the bottom plastic black bar is there for a reason aesthetically.
UK Plates do line up with the bolt holes perfectly fine on the MG4, as long as the registration plate is drilled correctly and attached correctly, using nylon bolts.

Yes, brand new.

Link to thread.

UK Plates do line up with the bolt holes perfectly fine on the MG4, as long as the registration plate is drilled correctly and attached correctly, using nylon bolts.

Yes, brand new.

Link to thread.
Sorry, now see it's an MG4. Different mountings on the MG5.

Same issue on our FL5, surprisingly enough, from Budgen Motors, Shrewsbury. The front plate they fitted delaminated after just a month and had to be replaced.

Sorry, now see it's an MG4. Different mountings on the MG5.

Same issue on our FL5, surprisingly enough, from Budgen Motors, Shrewsbury. The front plate they fitted delaminated after just a month and had to be replaced.
Sorry, confusing information again here? Our plates have not delaminated (drilled holes through bodywork metal instead of proper mounting bolts), or do you mean 'not only had they they not used the proper mounting points, in addition the front plate delaminated'?

They'd drilled and fitted the original rear plate straight into the boot metal. Then, after a few weeks, the front plate delaminated which they replaced. They also replaced the prefectly good rear plate (no reason to), using the same shitty drilled holes. At least they lined the holes in the new plate up and didn't have to drill two more holes in the tail gate.
So yes, they didn't use the OEM threaded mounts on the rear. But I think with the design of the tail gate on the FL5, the holes (more than two) are set up for the Chinese and other non UK markets.

Originally ordered an MzG 5 December 2021 on a 0% finance deal and paid a deposit. Despite contacting Budgens several times to get proof of order for the installation of a home power point, with promises to get back to me that didn't happen until:
a) The Government grant on the car and power point were no longer available.
b)The interest free finance had expired. I then cancelled the order which I suspect wasn't even actioned, and requested a refund of my deposit which I had to get back from my credit card company despite sending Budgens all the details they required. They even tried to make out I'd changed my credit card which was complete b******s. I believe some personal left Budgens rather quickly, but whether that has made any difference I wouldn't know as I have never been near the place since.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom