• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Bye Bye ZS, Hello MG4

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Well I've gone and done it, traded the old faithful Red Gen 1 ZS for a Volcano Orange MG4 Trophy long range, I pick it up on the 3rd of June.
I initially enquired about the 0% finance deal that ends June 30th at our local dealers, thinking maybe it was too late due to delivery times and was told they had 2 Trophy LRs in stock the Volcano Orange and a Blue one. Not being too keen on the blue I chose the Orange.
I took one out for a test drive and was really impressed with the car. I achieved 5.2m/kWh on the same trip that I got 3.9 with the ZS.
It was all as good it's described in the reviews and wasn't as difficult as I thought to get my old fat frame in and out of.
The only thing I'll miss is the sunroof for assisting the demist on those misty mornings.

I'm currently looking to replace my wife's ICE with either a MG5 facelift or the MG4.

But in all honesty I'll probably get MG4 Long range and she'll get the ZS.

I'm currently looking to replace my wife's ICE with either a MG5 facelift or the MG4.

But in all honesty I'll probably get MG4 Long range and she'll get the ZS.
Missus has the 5 and she didn't want my ZS, She wants a 4.

So long team red. I'm seeing fewer Mk1s around now. Who is buying them?

@Kithmo I hope this does not mean you will migrating across totally, to the MG4 now ?.
No, I'm still considering the next gen (3) ZS when it comes out at the end of 2024. Depending on the reviews etc when it comes out we may swap SWMBO's 5 for one. ;)
2024 ZS EV.jpg

Delivered end of 2025? Guy P says in the current edition of Auto Express that the current ZS will be in free flow end of this month.

No, I'm still considering the next gen (3) ZS when it comes out at the end of 2024. Depending on the reviews etc when it comes out we may swap SWMBO's 5 for one. ;)
View attachment 17723
Better get your order in now !.

free flow end of this month.
What the hell does “Free Flow” mean ?.
Obviously some type of “Gerno” speak, that us mere mortals can not understand 🤣.
Going by the two previous versions of the ZS EV the chatter started late summer / autumn.
So, it could be very late 2023 early 2024 before we see any metal I think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom