Caffyns Ashford MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Had previously ordered a red MG5 LR Exclusive with Toomey in Basildon, had been told to expect late November initially but if lucky it might be sooner. This then moved on to Dec, or more likely Jan 2022... So not a good start.

Step in Mark Harris from Caffyns, on Sunday night I noticed he had posted on Facebook about having 2 black LR Exclusives in stock so messaged him to ask about them. Spoke with him and told him I'd be interested and could he get some numbers for me, I also had an S-Max to PX that had previously been valued at £3500. Mark took that price and went with it and came back with the figures on the Monday. Phoned him to put the deposit down and he got to work. Documents were sent over quickly and the car was ready on the Saturday, 6 days after reading the Facebook post.

Brilliant hand over from him, he quickly looked around my car (no issues there) signed a few forms, he showed me to the car, I already knew how to drive as had test drove a couple of times previously. Helped me put some stuff from my boot in it and off I went with a full charge.

All in all brilliant service from Mark, really helpful, didn't try pushing any extras on to me once I made it clear I didn't want any. Would certainly recommend them if you are near by.

AND here's me nabbing my first free charge at Tesco this morning! I'll go back later to pick it up (live a 10 minute walk away)

20211121_074752.jpg

I would highly recommend this MG dealership, Joe Holman and Paul Archer in particular have been very helpful in securing my first MG ZS EV 1st Gen (used) in October and then my new ZS EV Trophy SR which I collected yesterday via the Affinity scheme.
  • Prompt and clear communication by phone and email at all times
  • Explanation of key technical terms and sales process without patronising
  • Honest feedback on price, leadtimes, part ex value and negotiation/extras
  • Flexibility with timings, logistics, courtesy car during pre sale warranty work, lift from station etc
Highly recommended in all aspects

Just to update my review, Joe at Caffyns MG Ashford has been very helpful again sourcing us a replacement rear light cluster and fitting for our MG ZS EV at very short notice. Highly recommended.

I have to say that so far my experience could be better.

Interactions are mainly instigated by me, despite me ordering my MG4 in December 2022 and the car already being 6 weeks late.

Communication seems to be wanting. For example, this week out of the blue I got an email to electronically sign another copy of the order form. There was no explanation as to why I was getting the email. I had to enquire what it was all about which still took several emails back and forth before I understood why it was needed. A phone call beforehand would have been easier and more courteous.

It seems Caffyns/MG have no real idea when I'm going to get my car, though the latest I'm told is the end of June.

Considering the last time I pushed for a date they said the end of May at the latest, I don't hold a lot of hope.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom