Can the MG5's headlights be switched from right hand drive, over to left hand drive?

EWD

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I'm hopefully heading to the continent for a wedding in the summer. My old car could switch the headlights over from the dash.

I found the following online:

Most UK cars with projector headlights can be switched from right hand drive, over to left hand drive.

There should be a switch or lever (sometimes a screw) inside the headlight unit that allows you to adjust the height of the beam pattern.

I was wondering, does the MG5 have such a lever in the headlight housing?

Last edited:
probable since it was originally a Chinese spec car and they prob kept that component part but havent checked

I'm hopefully heading to the continent for a wedding in the summer. My old car could switch the headlights over from the dash.

I found the following online:

I was wondering does the MG5 have such a lever in the headlight housing?
Good point for the ZS ev also. The JLR & A Class Merc just did it automatically, The VH Insignia did it from the dash. Manual change would so retro đź‘´

Not sure on the MG but on the Prius (LED) it has a flatter beam pattern that doesn't need changing for left or right hand drive.
Apart from being LED, the headlamp unit is the same setup, a projector lens with a mechanical shutter for dipped beam.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom