Can you dim the dash lights on an MG5 particularly the speedo brightness?

GorillaWheels

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just asking as someone posted on the Facebook fans & owners page and no one has answered (yet posted 7/8hrs ago🙂). He said the info screen dims, but the he finds the speedo too bright at nighttime?

I believe you choose the right or left menu button on the steering wheel and a luminence setting is available. Only 3 levels, low medium (default) and high.

Does it not dim automatically when the lights come on ?

Well, after my first couple of night drives, damn. That dash is bright. For me, it’s not that the headlights are dim, it’s the dash that’s too bright.

And yes, it’s set to the lowest luminance.

Well, after my first couple of night drives, damn. That dash is bright. For me, it’s not that the headlights are dim, it’s the dash that’s too bright.

Weirdly, on my old Prius, if you set the dash lighting to the lowest setting then they stayed at that setting day or night. You had to set them one level above for the auto dimming to work.

My scenic has a dial that took the dash down to pretty much off. I do prefer a dim dash on a night. I find the reflections in the window (especially the drivers side window) annoying, and it makes everything else seem so much darker.

I feel exactly the same, I feel the screen is far too bright even in lowest setting so I often turn the screen off. But then if I want to use Google maps or radio it's a problem

Page 33 of the Infotainment system manual references brightness and back light mode. I'll have to wait for my car to arrive to see what the choices are.. I posted (here) regarding turning off the infotainment centre display.

Sincerely
Martin

Hope this helps, on the display go to settings you will then see the auto/day/night/ controls, take the system out of auto and that will give you control of the light bar above it, you can slide this to the desired brightness. The system when in auto seems to just stay bright. Press the centre of the volume control to come out of settings....cheers

I can't remember if it's the same with the MG now, but on my previous Prius the AUTO dimming only worked if you had the slider set off the minimum or maximum settings. The auto function was overridden by the maximum or minimum settings.

I feel exactly the same, I feel the screen is far too bright even in lowest setting so I often turn the screen off. But then if I want to use Google maps or radio it's a problem
Agree with this.
I'd also like to see a reduce to zero option.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom