Car Mat Clip Spacing

Turkish

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Good Morning

Looking to source some car mats at non Stealer pricing. Have found CarMats.co.uk but they list two clip spacings for the 5EV

They have 245mm and 250mm for the 2020 onwards listed

Anybody with a recently delivered car fancy taking a tape measure out this lovely Sunday morning (or knows the answer straight off the bat)?

Cheers

250mm in the LR Exclusive I have, reading between the lines on the CarMats site, they list all 4 specs (SR/LR Excite/Exclusive) then tell you to measure - so it might be more random as to what your spacing will be.

250mm in the LR Exclusive I have, reading between the lines on the CarMats site, they list all 4 specs (SR/LR Excite/Exclusive) then tell you to measure - so it might be more random as to what your spacing will be.
Might just wait for it to arrive to make sure. Cheers!

Dealer quality is higher than the motor level on CarMats, but can't tell you if it's closer to Grand or Super as only previously bought the motor level for other vehicles.

Good Morning

Looking to source some car mats at non Stealer pricing. Have found CarMats.co.uk but they list two clip spacings for the 5EV

They have 245mm and 250mm for the 2020 onwards listed

Anybody with a recently delivered car fancy taking a tape measure out this lovely Sunday morning (or knows the answer straight off the bat)?

Cheers
Actually had this issue they supplied SR mats and didn't have LR spacings. Had to send them myself and they made them to spec.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220315-104653.png
    Screenshot_20220315-104653.png
    451.1 KB · Views: 197
Not wishing to be controversial but spacing on my new 2022 MG5 Exclusive is 250mm for the drivers side and 300mm for the passenger side. Has anyone found mats to fit these measurements yet?

I'm looking to order mats but not sure if the measurement is centre to centre or outside edge to outside edge? Can anyone help?

I'm looking to order mats but not sure if the measurement is centre to centre or outside edge to outside edge? Can anyone help?
I ordered the 250mm spacing, aparently it should have been the 245mm spacing. Fortunately the plastic rings can be removed and respaced on the carpets I bought. 😳

Hi all

Came across this thread - expecting to take delivery of MG5 SE trim (facelift) model and trying to order carmats online, has anyone managed to suss out the right clip size for these? I'm hoping I can draw on experience here as could do with them here when the car arrives, my toddler can do a lot of damage in the few hours it would take for new ones to get here ;-)

Looks like im having the same problem , Ive got a 2022 LR Trophy , just measured from the centre of the clips on the drivers side and it seems to be 245mm. Just had a look on the carmats.co.uk site and if lists the correct distances , but states they are for the Exclusive and Excite .. not the trophy ... Am I being thick and missing something?

Cheers folks

Jim

Don't think either of the post facelift models (trophy or SE) are listed at all on that site 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't think either of the post facelift models (trophy or SE) are listed at all on that site 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes , exactly right . I don't want to pay the dealer prices , but I'm nervous about buying them online as I cant find any for the post facelift

Looks like im having the same problem , Ive got a 2022 LR Trophy , just measured from the centre of the clips on the drivers side and it seems to be 245mm. Just had a look on the carmats.co.uk site and if lists the correct distances , but states they are for the Exclusive and Excite .. not the trophy ... Am I being thick and missing something?

Cheers folks

Jim
The Trophy is the new name for the Exclusive, the SE replaced the Excite.

I waited until I could actually measure the gap, it was a pain for a week or two until they arrived but worth it to get it right.

Ah , ok , does that mean the floor pans etc are the same? So I should be able to select Exclusive on the carmats site?
The facelift is just that, just a facelift, however I would follow the advice in posts #1 and #2 as you have done and take it from there.

I have a 2021 "standard" which has 245mm stud spacing on the passenger footwell and 250mm on the driver footwell...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom