Car mats

Gomev

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can anyone recommend any decent mats, perhaps anyone who has bought some aftermarket ones.
Would love the official ones but at £66 a pop not sure, or are they worth paying that ?

If you're going to keep the car for any length of time go for the MG ones. Difference in price between them and aftermarket ones over x years is next to nothing but will look much better when you come to sell it. I went for the package of mats, mudflaps and boot liner which is very smart. Haggle for a deal if you haven't yet bought the car.

I have the MG ones and I was looking to temporarily replace them over the winter with cheap rubber ones. Does anyone sell a single drivers one ?

I have the MG ones and I was looking to temporarily replace them over the winter with cheap rubber ones. Does anyone sell a single drivers one ?
Good idea to protect the drivers side over the winter especially if you have a high use in wet and muddy conditions. I haven't done yet this winter but usually use an old rubber mat from the vast collection over the last 50 years. I can usually find one that is a similar shape and some of them still look as good as new.

I was going to ask the same question, I've just been looking at some cheap ones on Ebay for over Winter as I'll be in the market for some shortly but not sure if the 'Manual' mats will be the same for the ZS EV!!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good idea to protect the drivers side over the winter especially if you have a high use in wet and muddy conditions. I haven't done yet this winter but usually use an old rubber mat from the vast collection over the last 50 years. I can usually find one that is a similar shape and some of them still look as good as new.
Cheers, you've just reminded me, I have a couple of those, "cut to shape" rubber mats somewhere at the back of the garage, behind all the junk, I'll have to seek them out. (y)

I was going to ask the same question, I've just been looking at some cheap ones on Ebay for over Winter as I'll be in the market for some shortly but not sure if the 'Manual' mats will be the same for the ZS EV!!!

The Petrol ZS Auto mats are a perfect fit, not the manual model mats though!

Can anyone recommend any decent mats, perhaps anyone who has bought some aftermarket ones.
Would love the official ones but at £66 a pop not sure, or are they worth paying that ?
I ordered a set from Ebay - good value and fit fine.
Got them with the colour to match the car.

Mats

I’m confused, mine have just arrived and they don’t fit! The outside shape is good, but the holes are too far apart and the holes aren’t the right size for the gripper on the floor to pass through. I’ve asked to return them 🤔

After much debate I purchased these.

Even during the parcel madness a few days before Christmas arrived next day, perfect fit. Ordered in black and you wouldn't know they are there they match superbly. Holes in correct place and work.
Recommended if you don't want to pay full whack for the MG one's.

I've dealer supplied mats, but have noticed they can slip forward and rub against the exposed steering column in the drivers foot well. I've even been told of someone who's mats became caught in the universal joint

So whichever mats you go for, make sure the drivers ones are secured properly and not allowed to move
FB_IMG_1609362701348.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom