• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Car stands for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocar

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all my mg zs will be stood for 1 week (due to holiday) should the car be turned over halfway way through holiday or will it be okay to leave
Thanks in advance

There is no "engine" to turn over.

I've left mine standing for a week before and it was for fine. Just make sure it's all locked up.

If you don't currently have 12v issues I don't see a problem.

User manual recommends having the HV battery at 50% if you are leaving it for long periods without using it.

When I had a Prius with a nimh battery, I read somewhere that the HV battery left at 80% charge would last for 10 months before it needed charging up again.
I doubt the 12v would last that long unless it was disconnected.

Hi would you know about the low 12 volt battery that keeps appearing when car stood for 3 days??
That would indicate to me that your 12 volt battery health is not 100% now anyway.
I have regularly left our ZS EV for three days and never received that warning ⚠️.
If I was you and leaving it for a week …….. I would charge up your 12 volt battery a couple of days before you park it up and then invest in a 12 volt booster pack as a back up plan.
IF the battery IS completely flat on your return, you can open the car with the emergency key and use the booster pack.
Maybe consider a replacement battery if that does happen ??.
If the HV battery is at around 50 - 60% when you park up, I would expect it to retain somewhere close to that SOC on your return after one week.

I will be leaving a ZS mk 2 in an airport carpark for 2 weeks. Should i be worried about it not starting when i get back from holiday?

I will be leaving a ZS mk 2 in an airport carpark for 2 weeks. Should i be worried about it not starting when i get back from holiday?
Should be fine try and have at least 50% battery left you could always be prepared for a flat 12v battery not just a EV issue 12v booster pack is a handy accessory to have but at the end of the day you have your free MG assist \AA cover

I just left my ZS SR for a week at 70% battery, used it at 5am this morning and cracked the rear brake pads free, the discs had a bit of a grind for a few miles and cleared up.
Absolutely no discharge from the main or 12v battery. The car responded to the app throughout the week also.

I left my mk2 Zs for about 10 days at the airport last summer. Battery was exactly where I’d left it and 12v battery had topped up automatically.

The app stops responding after 7 days or so - I think the system on the car hibernates and it seems happens on some other cars too. I was checking the car remotely daily - as it was during the heat wave and was worried the car might get too hot and sunroof might crack. I remotely ran the air con a few times to lower the temperature but it quickly went back up. All was well in the end. Car was there - started up - it’s been extremely reliable since I got it on July. Software is glitchy, but the car does what it’s supposed to do.

As stated in past forum. I left my ev for over 3 months and did not have any problems to my surprise. Nov-feb 2023.

Hi all my mg zs will be stood for 1 week (due to holiday) should the car be turned over halfway way through holiday or will it be okay to leave
Thanks in advance
i was stranded in Ukraine for 5 months and car was fine on my return

I just read on the MG5 posts that somebody with the mk1 MG5 LR had an eye operation and was not allowed to drive for 4 weeks. At the start the battery was 83% and 4 weeks later it had dropped to 81% and started no problem so shouldn't be a problem with the ZS.

I left my MG ZS on the outskirts of Edinburgh airport for 7 days whilst on holiday last week. It had 59% charge when i left it and remained at 59% 7 days later. The MG ismart app did not work, suspect due to proximity to the airport. It started working again on the way home.

I left my MG ZS on the outskirts of Edinburgh airport for 7 days whilst on holiday last week. It had 59% charge when i left it and remained at 59% 7 days later. The MG ismart app did not work, suspect due to proximity to the airport. It started working again on the way home.
I tend to find, if the car is not used for a number of days, the App will fail to connect to the car, as if it’s gone into a deep sleep.
When the car is unlocked and booted, the App will start working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom