Ceramic coating

Vetequk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
My MG5 is due in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering if anyone has had there car ceramic coated?

Is it worth the extra cost?

Thanks

I hope so! I've had it on mine anyway.

My parents reported they got a better trade in deal on their last car because it had been coated.

Can't report on durability yet but fingers crossed.

Andy

Did you have one coat or multiple coats?

Can you tell the difference between the before and after?

Yes I was looking at an independent, but the pricing varies widely and there is so many types of coating.

My MG5 is due in a couple of weeks and I am just wondering if anyone has had there car ceramic coated?

Is it worth the extra cost?

Thanks
If done at the dealers it will probably be applied by the pensioner or teenager who washes the cars!

Info over kill, but probably worth it.

thanks for the info, it looks like my Mg is going to be delivered next week, so I have provisionally booked a slot with a detailer. I will try and take some before and after photos. Plus it would be interesting to see how it holds up over time.

I got mine ceramic coated on Friday. Looked superb before. Looks even more superb after. Very impressed with the amount of preparation/detail that went into it. A joy to watch. Took about 7 hours from start to finish. He also went to great lengths to explain how to look after it going forward and which products to use. And should be much easier to clean going forward.

Thank you, may I ask how much it cost? I am sure the dealer will offer the option but would like to have a Pro and Dealer price to compare. I am sure the Pro will be the best option though.

Thank you, may I ask how much it cost? I am sure the dealer will offer the option but would like to have a Pro and Dealer price to compare. I am sure the Pro will be the best option though.
I paid £310. That included:-
2 year ceramic coating on all bodywork including door thresholds.
2 year ceramic coating of all exterior plastics (different product)
2 year ceramic coating on the alloys
'Leather' seats and leather panels on doors and dashboard ceramic coated (different product again)
Front and rear glass treated (not sure what with but working well so far)
Tyres 'dressed'

And lots and lots of preparation. All exterior got cleaned with several different products before all paintwork got machine polished. I learned lots about car care that I didn't know before.

Very interesting comments on the ceramic coating application which is not something I have heard about before.
According to the email I received from my dealer included in the 0% finance deal is Lifetime Autoglym Protection (Paint, upholstery and glass) applied by trained technicians 🤞with a complimentary aftercare kit thrown in so I'll see how that goes.

Has anyone in the Leeds area got any recommendations for ceramic ?

I paid my dealer £332.50 for the Diamondbrite finish.
and I got a bag of cleaning goodies with it.

Attachments

• 502A2BE7-43A8-4868-8476-8E795DB3A123.jpeg
    502A2BE7-43A8-4868-8476-8E795DB3A123.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 147
As mentioned above, I really need to get mine done, has anybody got any recommendations in the Leeds area ?

I had "Scotts Safeguard" applied to my Piccadilly Blue Excite when I bought it last August on the recommendation of the dealer. This is a ceramic coating that includes a lifetime guarantee. I must say it looked immaculate when the car was delivered to me. As I look now (on an overcast February day) it isn't sparkling like it does when the sun is out but still looks good. This cost me £300 (I don't know if it is different as an after-sale) and comes with a whole host of goodies (in no particular order)

wheel cleaner,cockpit spray, tyre wall gloss, leather cleaner, upholstery cleaner, glass cleaner, paint shampoo and paint protector, and screen wash. plus chamois leather and sponge (not to mention a handy bag to keep it all in!)

I have used them sparingly in the last 6 months and I am very pleased with it all so far. It remains to be seen whether the lifetime guarantee works out.

Never seen a ceramic coating with a lifetime guarantee before. Mine only came with 2 years.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom