Changing the MG5 display back to celsius

JonLovejoy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Morning all, I reset my car to factory default to try and fix an Android Auto issue but it's now left the display on my dash in fahrenheit. Changed the km back to miles in the infotainment but can't for the life of me figure out how to change the tempeerature.

Any ideas please?

Morning all, I reset my car to factory default to try and fix an Android Auto issue but it's now left the display on my dash in fahrenheit. Changed the km back to miles in the infotainment but can't for the life of me figure out how to change the tempeerature.

Any ideas please?
There's a hidden 'engineer' menu, it might be possible there:

Join the club!
My car has been back to the dealer on more than one occasion and they are unable to resolve this.
It's bad enough that such a simple thing is not user definable but this is beyond dealer capability!
You've reminded me that I need to chase them up again.

We have exactly the same problem. The dealer was unable to resolve it when the car went in for a software update recently. So frustrating!

Has anyone been able to get this resolved?

My infotainment system had a hissy fit the other day and it's left me with the car dash display showing temperature units in degrees F rather than C.

Both the ambient temperature and tyre pressure sensor temperatures have changed to Deg F and I can find no way of changing them back.

Any suggestions?

My infotainment system had a hissy fit the other day and it's left me with the car dash display showing temperature units in degrees F rather than C.

Both the ambient temperature and tyre pressure sensor temperatures have changed to Deg F and I can find no way of changing them back.

Any suggestions?
You could try the old 12 volt battery disconnect trick ?.
Disconnect the main negative terminal on the 12 volt battery and leave it disconnected for about 20 minutes.
Then reconnect and tighten, see what happens then !.
Oh …… You will need a 10mm spanner 🔧 to remove the negative terminal of the battery.
You will lose your stored radio stations and your tyre 🛞 pressure readings shown by the TPMS system in the dash panel.
But don’t worry, these will all be restored after you have taken a drive.
It needs to go through a relearn process.

You could try the old 12 volt battery disconnect trick ?.
Disconnect the main negative terminal on the 12 volt battery and leave it disconnected for about 20 minutes.
Then reconnect and tighten, see what happens then !.
Oh …… You will need a 10mm spanner 🔧 to remove the negative terminal of the battery.
You will lose your stored radio stations and your tyre 🛞 pressure readings shown by the TPMS system in the dash panel.
But don’t worry, these will all be restored after you have taken a drive.
It needs to go through a relearn process.
My recommendation is to not bother with this. Our car has had a complete engineer reset (following a HV battery issue after a failed charge) and a software update and neither of these processes has resolved this same issue for our car :(

I've had a look through the secret engineer menu (and used Google Translate on the Chinese text) and found nothing relating to the temperature display.

A reset won't touch this because it is already a reset parameter.
There will be an engineering menu somewhere that can change this but the dealer network doesn't know what it is, and either cannot or will not get the information from MG.

Any suggestions?
Didn't realise that the tyre pressure sensors had a temperature measuring function within them ?

Didn't realise that the tyre pressure sensors had a temperature measuring function within them ?
Just keep pressing the down arrow on the right hand side of the steering wheel and you get to this screen.

Attachments

• PXL_20220714_180800310.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220714_180800310.MP.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 173
Go to settings-system.
Then in the system setting menu, making sure you here a beep from the car registering your click/press, press in the bottom left, then bottom right, then top right, then top left of the system settings area (not including the menu on the left hand side.
This will bring up the unit setting menu for the dash, change as appropriate.
👍

I don't have this issue, but if this is actually the answer its a game changer. So many people won't risk pressing 'factory reset' to resolve issues as it forces you to Fahrenheit.

It was my car that was brought to @Rawlinson MG to fix after a factory reset.

Same story as I've seen elsewhere though, "We'll ask China MG"
Never did get a response back from Rawlinson which I'm really disappointed by.

It was my car that was brought to @Rawlinson MG to fix after a factory reset.

Same story as I've seen elsewhere though, "We'll ask China MG"
Never did get a response back from Rawlinson which I'm really disappointed by.
If I understand correctly, your post suggests that the solution post made by Rawlinson MG on 09/12 does not work. Is that the case?

Afraid not. The menus suggested using the clockwise/anticlockwise screen presses does present 2 different engineering menus depending on whether you go clockwise/anticlockwise however on my UK MG HS PHEV, none of the menus have an option to change to Celsius from Fahrenheit.

I've confirmed this in the Chinese menus also using Google lens and translate.

.......however on my UK MG HS PHEV, none of the menus have an option to change to Celsius from Fahrenheit.

I've confirmed this in the Chinese menus also using Google lens and translate.
Sorry, now I'm confused. This thread is about the MG5, maybe it's different on the HS?

Have you tried it on the '5'?

I had the same farhenheit issue with my 2021 MG5 SW and I emailed MG in Longbridge to find out that an MG dealer must remove the "unit" and courier it to them. Within a week I was able to collect the car and both the centre console and the one in front of the steering wheel read outside temperature in centigrade.
It's a software issue that requires a fix and there's no user setting that can change temperature units on the right hand screen, even in the secret menu.

Can you upload that correspondence as my dealer certainly isn't aware of that option.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom