ChargePlace Scotland rapid charging customer satisfaction poll - share your experiences

How would you rate your experience of rapid charging with ChargePlace Scotland?

• Excellent

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Good

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Average

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
How would you rate your experience charging with ChargePlace Scotland chargers?
If you have used their chargers, please vote on the poll.
And if you have any additional comments to make, please reply in this thread.
Thanks

I have a Chargeplace Scotland membership and have used 5 different charge points so far. 4 charges went 100% OK. I had a problem with 1 chargepoint (Kelso - new charger) which refused to recognise my membership. This was sorted out with a brief 5 minute phone call to the help desk. Very good service.

I used to use Chargeplace Scotland's chargers through their app but a couple of times, when at my usual charger, the app failed and another driver ended up taking the charger! So, I ended up paying the £20 for the RFID card and it's been great ever since.

However, it doesn't get an Excellent rating purely because there's still a lot of their chargers that are not working - some for quite a while - but there's still a lot of chargers that are free, which is more than can be said for chargers in other places!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I would like to say excellent but I've opted for good.
My local CCS chargers of which I'm blessed to have 5, 2 of them seem to be permanently broken..
The one at Irvine Kirkgate has been offline for the last three or four weeks - very intermittent
The new ones at the front in Saltcoats (next to Aldi) - two units but only one works. The others card reader is useless.

24 hour helpline takes ages to speak to anyone

I would like to say excellent but I've opted for good.
My local CCS chargers of which I'm blessed to have 5, 2 of them seem to be permanently broken..
The one at Irvine Kirkgate has been offline for the last three or four weeks - very intermittent
The new ones at the front in Saltcoats (next to Aldi) - two units but only one works. The others card reader is useless.

24 hour helpline takes ages to speak to anyone
No problem getting to speak to the helpline when I had to.

Have been using them almost exclusively since I got the car, and they've been pretty good so far. Have used the rapids at Strathaven quite a lot, only had one issue where I couldn't disconnect. Helpline sorted that. Used a few of the 7kW ones in various locations in Glasgow and South Lanarkshire, and all have been OK. Would definitely recommend getting the RFID card.

I have used them since I bought the car. A few around Edinburgh are permanently broken but most work. Some are always busy, especially the rapid chargers as they are basically free apart from the annual charge. Somebody drove into my closest charger hitting the protective bollard hitting it so hard the bollard hit the actual charger breaking the fast charger. Luckly the rapid still works but only if nobody is using the Chademo at the same time. Never tried the App as my card works every time

I have used Charge place scotland since December 2019 and have not had any problems so far but I have noticed if a charge point has a fault it doesn't seem to get repaired very quickly.

Has anyone had problems with the rapid charge? I have tried at least 6 and can’t get any of them to work. It connects then disconnects.

Has anyone had problems with the rapid charge? I have tried at least 6 and can’t get any of them to work. It connects then disconnects.
We had a problem with the ones at Chatelherault Country Park but the helpline answered promptly and sorted the issue. We used the Charge Your Car app to activate the charge and occasionally we did have to look for the charger ID on the unit which was generally written in marker pen somewhere

I have issues all the time with the big, bulky Evolt chargers - the one in Aviemore - not a hope!! Kingussie old charger was always 50/50 for me too. Thank goodness for the new ones.

It seems not to recognise that I've connected, and rejects me because I have 99% or similar charge, which I can only think is the last user's data. The other funny thing is that I then don't have to show my card to disengage. Weird!!

The other funny thing is that I then don't have to show my card to disengage. Weird!!
It's a bit worrying that someone can come along and take the charger from your car, when you're not around - even if you've not finished charging! You'd come back, thinking you'll be at 100% to find that may not be the case!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I have issues all the time with the big, bulky Evolt chargers - the one in Aviemore - not a hope!! Kingussie old charger was always 50/50 for me too. Thank goodness for the new ones.

It seems not to recognise that I've connected, and rejects me because I have 99% or similar charge, which I can only think is the last user's data. The other funny thing is that I then don't have to show my card to disengage. Weird!!
Aviemore needs a new ccs cable, waiting for the council to agree to pay for it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom