• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ChargePlace Scotland now operated by Swarco?

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
The long awaited transfer of operator of ChargePlace Scotland to Swarco was planned to take place this week.

Does anyone know if it went ahead successfully. I can't see any updates, and the ChargePlace Scotland website looks pretty much the same.

What changes might I expect to see? I'm pretty positive about the change over as I had reached the opinion that any new operator can only bring improvements!!

Same here. Charged yesterday and today, nothing different from normal.

Did get the emails from them a few weeks ago saying to log into their website, but I've never managed it so far 🤷‍♂️ kept giving a 404 error.

No problem charging with my RFID card but unable to login to the site. Three password resets required to access my data.

No problem charging with my RFID card but unable to login to the site. Three password resets required to access my data.
Yeah, I tried as well and ended up phoning them. The guy said that they're still handing over and to try the website again on Monday!

Cheers

Bloggsy

The website is probably being hammered during daylight hours. Did my pass reset just now in a couple of minutes.

The only changes we should see are a 'hopefully' better service and more knowledgeable staff, and the new App in a few days.

While they keep saying that the app is not yet available, I have downloaded it and it looks functional.

I am able to log in and it gives the option to "start charge". I just haven't actually tried yet.

Ok, they must have pulled it after I downloaded it.

Screenshot_20210729-061237.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-061458.png
    Screenshot_20210729-061458.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20210729-061254.png
    Screenshot_20210729-061254.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
What I haven’t been able to find any mention of is whether CPS chargers will now accept a SWARCO RFID card. Does anyone know?

What I haven’t been able to find any mention of is whether CPS chargers will now accept a SWARCO RFID card. Does anyone know?
If you mean a Swarco e-connect card then no they won't.
E-connect is a separate network mainly in England owned by Swarco.

Looks like we both posted a thread on this subject within minutes of each other, LOL Great minds
But I put it in the wrong Forum.... MG ZS instead of General. I don't post a lot lol.

I reading intensely people :)

Last edited:
If you mean a Swarco e-connect card then no they won't.
E-connect is a separate network mainly in England owned by Swarco.
Typical. So the industry has missed yet another opportunity to make life simpler for EV users, by slimming down the numbers of networks, cards and apps needed to ‘refuel’ EVs.

The industry is moving to contactless payment for all chargers, in fact all new chargers must be fitted with contactless readers.
Bp/cyc were not set up to utilise them so on chargeplace Scotland units they have been disabled.
I believe Swarco are able and intend to activate this feature at some point once the network is stable which will make things easier for everyone.

The industry is moving to contactless payment for all chargers, in fact all new chargers must be fitted with contactless readers.
Bp/cyc were not set up to utilise them so on chargeplace Scotland units they have been disabled.
I believe Swarco are able and intend to activate this feature at some point once the network is stable which will make things easier for everyone.
So ‘the industry’ keeps saying. But in practice, the contactless option is often riddled with bugs while an RFID always seems to work first time.

Funny, that 🤔

The Password Reset function is a mess. I managed to change my Swarco password but not my Chargeplace Scotland password. Pages start off as CPS but then the reset password link goes to Swarco!

Have messaged them....lets see if they respond!?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom