Charging after Service up-date

Paul Ashford

Standard Member
Reaction score
My car had the service up-date carried out about 2 weeks ago, since then I have noticed that on charging from my home charger (3.5Kwh) that the mileage to run has dropped to 140 miles. Previously I would expect 150-155 miles. The charging bar on the instrument panel show as being full and the charger has switched off at the end of it's cycle. Has anyone else noticed a similar drop in expected range?

Thanks Paul.

It could coincidentally be the colder weather that's giving you a lower estimate on the GOM.

That’s very true...it may just be a coincidence that the service falls in line with the drop in temperature. What is your average miles per KWh at the moment?
I achieved 3.8 last night mainly on motorways sort of 80/20 split...which on my maths is about bang on..

I had my car updated this week, as part of the update it reset the accumulated trip data. I'm guessing the GOM will be calculated using default numbers rather than your usual driving style?

That’s very true...it may just be a coincidence that the service falls in line with the drop in temperature. What is your average miles per KWh at the moment?
I achieved 3.8 last night mainly on motorways sort of 80/20 split...which on my maths is about bang on..
Getting around 3.7 - 3.8, expected it to drop with heating on etc. Just seemed weird.

I had my car updated this week, as part of the update it reset the accumulated trip data. I'm guessing the GOM will be calculated using default numbers rather than your usual driving style?
Very good point, hadn't occurred to me that driving style etc would affect it. I'll check if the GOM has been reset tomorrow. Thanks.

No mine and a few others increased to about 218; reality is that like last night I get about 168 miles on a run..
Wow that's good, I did a long run down to Kent last month following which it went in for the Comfort pack and Service update, the garage had real difficulty in getting the Serv update to load, software problems apparently. Hopefully it will improve with time as I have only done local running since.

Wow that's good, I did a long run down to Kent last month following which it went in for the Comfort pack and Service update, the garage had real difficulty in getting the Serv update to load, software problems apparently. Hopefully it will improve with time as I have only done local running since.
I do drive very economically, and I don’t have heating on for long at all, I use my heated seats to keep me warm and fans only to clear the screen if needed. I’ve got a blanket in the car so I’m ready for the winter on my long business journeys..

I do drive very economically, and I don’t have heating on for long at all, I use my heated seats to keep me warm and fans only to clear the screen if needed. I’ve got a blanket in the car so I’m ready for the winter on my long business journeys..
Mark, I must admit I don't use the heater much only this week because of the rain and had to use the aircon to demist effectively but switched off as soon as cleared. My driving is mainly local but as I live in the sticks that's not urban driving. I hadn't considered the car showing range equated to driving style, big brother is watching!

My car had the service up-date carried out about 2 weeks ago, since then I have noticed that on charging from my home charger (3.5Kwh) that the mileage to run has dropped to 140 miles. Previously I would expect 150-155 miles. The charging bar on the instrument panel show as being full and the charger has switched off at the end of it's cycle. Has anyone else noticed a similar drop in expected range?

Thanks Paul.

Thanks Paul.

My GOM showed 178 miles remaining on my way to the dentists today.....30 minutes later on the way back it showed 213 miles remaining......It must change with the heat of the motor.

I started today, Friday, with 143 miles. I’ve driven 136 miles today mostly motorway (90 miles) the rest A roads and I plugged in at the Pod-Point around the corner from where I’m staying with 12% remaining. I drove where possible at the speed limits in the rain.
Okay, I was driving north and had a 12mph tail wind .....

I had the 2nd Generation Comfort System update in July and the latest BMS update on Wednesday along with the HV fuse update.

I started today, Friday, with 143 miles. I’ve driven 136 miles today mostly motorway (90 miles) the rest A roads and I plugged in at the Pod-Point around the corner from where I’m staying with 12% remaining. I drove where possible at the speed limits in the rain.
Okay, I was driving north and had a 12mph tail wind .....

I had the 2nd Generation Comfort System update in July and the latest BMS update on Wednesday along with the HV fuse update.
Since the Comfort 2 Update my Gom always shows 218 miles after a full charge/

If only we did actually get the mileage that the GOM suggested I would be really happy, but alas we don’t...☹️😂😂

My GOM showed 178 miles remaining on my way to the dentists today.....30 minutes later on the way back it showed 213 miles remaining......It must change with the heat of the motor.
Most likely the heat of the battery rather than the motor I would think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom